Les désastreuses Aventures des Orphelins…

Les désastreuses Aventures des Orphelins Baudelaire, Tome 9: La Fête… (original 2002; edition 2004)

by Lemony Snicket

Member:bergg
Title:Les désastreuses Aventures des Orphelins Baudelaire, Tome 9: La Fête féroce
Authors:Lemony Snicket
Info:Nathan Jeunesse (2004), Paperback
Collections:Fiction, Your library, To read, Favorites
Tags:ebook

The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket (2002)

English (55)  French (1)  All languages (56)
Enjoyable, just like the others. That's all I can say :) ( )
  MermaidxLibrarian | Jul 16, 2015 |
While not the best book in the series, I still really enjoyed it mostly because SUNNY. The little thing is growing up! Which is both sad and wonderful. I love her and her cinnamon hot chocolate. She's so cute.

Lemony Snicket is also on a roll with his writing in this one. Going on about French terms and phrases and all that jazz. I love him. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Feb 21, 2015 |
Yep, it's getting to the point where I can't put the books down now ... I can't think of anything to say about this installment that won't give something about the story line away ... It's getting so good!

On to Book 10!

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Dec 14, 2014 |
I love how clever and witty Lemony Snicket is. I liked him when I initially read his books in fifth grade and love him even more as I'm rereading the series. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
Worst book in the series, I didn't like it at all. The setting was weird and the plot was bonkers, even for these books. ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |

Snicket, Lemonyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Helquist, BrettIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kupperman, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Curry, TimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Beatrice -- Our love broke my heart, and stopped yours.
When my workday is over, and I have closed my notebook, hidden my pen, and sawed holes in my rented canoe so that it cannot be found, I often like to spend the evening in conversation with my few surviving friends.

Everybody loves a carnival! Who can fail to delight in the colourful people, the unworldly spectacle, the fabulous freaks?

A carnival is a place for good family fun - as long as one has a family, that is. For the Baudelaire orphans, their time at the carnival turns out to be yet another episode in a now unbearable series of unfortunate events. In fact, in this appalling ninth instalment in Lemony Snicket′s serial, the siblings must confront a terrible lie, a caravan, and Chabo the wolf baby. With millions of readers worldwide, and the Baudelaire′s fate turning from unpleasant to unseemly, it is clear that Lemony Snicket has taken nearly all the fun out of children′s books.

Ages 10+

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:44 -0400)

On the run as suspected murderers, the unlucky Baudelaire orphans find themselves trapped in the Caligari Carnival, where they must masquerade as freaks in order to hide from the evil Count Olaf.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,490,372 books! | Top bar: Always visible