Les désastreuses Aventures des Orphelins…

Les désastreuses Aventures des Orphelins Baudelaire, Tome 9: La Fête… (original 2002; edition 2004)

by Lemony Snicket

Member:bergg
Title:Les désastreuses Aventures des Orphelins Baudelaire, Tome 9: La Fête féroce
Authors:Lemony Snicket
Info:Nathan Jeunesse (2004), Paperback
Collections:Fiction, Your library, To read, Favorites
Tags:ebook

The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket (2002)

English (53)  French (1)  All languages (54)
Yep, it's getting to the point where I can't put the books down now ... I can't think of anything to say about this installment that won't give something about the story line away ... It's getting so good!

On to Book 10!

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Dec 14, 2014 |
I love how clever and witty Lemony Snicket is. I liked him when I initially read his books in fifth grade and love him even more as I'm rereading the series. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
Worst book in the series, I didn't like it at all. The setting was weird and the plot was bonkers, even for these books. ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |
Book 9: The Carnivorous Carnival finds the Baudelaires working in the House of Freaks at the Caligari Carnival where Count Olaf and his henchmen (including Esme Squalor) consult with Madame Lulu the fortune teller for information on the Baudelaires' whereabouts, the Snicket file and other things of importance. Where does Madame Lulu get her information? Is it really her crystal ball or something else? Where is Mr. Poe? How is Lemony Snicket involved in all of this? Who survived the fire? So many questions, so few answers. At least Sunny seems to be learning to speak more clearly. Surely, she'll be speaking in complete sentences by the next book. Enjoyable and (at times) a bit tedious as always. I especially enjoyed the literal, literary demonstration of what 'deja vu' means (as well as the explanations of other French phrases). ( )
  Marse | Apr 28, 2014 |
A Series of Unfortunate Events is the story of the three Baudelaire orphans, Violet, Claus and Sunny. The books are narrated by Lemony Snicket, a mysterious man who follows the story through clues passed on through a secret organization known only as the V.F.D. The series begins with the three children losing their parents in a fire. Consequently, a banker named Mr. Poe takes charge of the children and leaves them with the nearest relative, Count Olaf. The children, however, are dubious to the fact that Olaf is actually a relative. Olaf and his troupe become the villain of the series. During their stay with Count Olaf, the children are forced to perform ridiculous and cruel tasks. ( )
  MayaB.B3 | Oct 17, 2013 |

Snicket, Lemonyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Helquist, BrettIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kupperman, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Curry, TimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Beatrice -- Our love broke my heart, and stopped yours.
When my workday is over, and I have closed my notebook, hidden my pen, and sawed holes in my rented canoe so that it cannot be found, I often like to spend the evening in conversation with my few surviving friends.

Everybody loves a carnival! Who can fail to delight in the colourful people, the unworldly spectacle, the fabulous freaks?

A carnival is a place for good family fun - as long as one has a family, that is. For the Baudelaire orphans, their time at the carnival turns out to be yet another episode in a now unbearable series of unfortunate events. In fact, in this appalling ninth instalment in Lemony Snicket′s serial, the siblings must confront a terrible lie, a caravan, and Chabo the wolf baby. With millions of readers worldwide, and the Baudelaire′s fate turning from unpleasant to unseemly, it is clear that Lemony Snicket has taken nearly all the fun out of children′s books.

Ages 10+

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:46 -0400)

On the run as suspected murderers, the unlucky Baudelaire orphans find themselves trapped in the Caligari Carnival, where they must masquerade as freaks in order to hide from the evil Count Olaf.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,387,188 books! | Top bar: Always visible