Les désastreuses Aventures des Orphelins…

Les désastreuses Aventures des Orphelins Baudelaire, Tome 9: La Fête… (original 2002; edition 2004)

by Lemony Snicket

Member:bergg
Title:Les désastreuses Aventures des Orphelins Baudelaire, Tome 9: La Fête féroce
Authors:Lemony Snicket
Info:Nathan Jeunesse (2004), Paperback
Collections:Fiction, Your library, To read, Favorites
Tags:ebook

The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket (2002)

I loved this entire series! ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
It's got to be another 5 stars for this series! Even though it's for ages much younger than me I am enjoying it and finding myself thinking 'I'll read just one more chapter' and end up reading another 3-4. A good continuation of the story and we get some answers, but more questions as well (as usual). I would recommend this book. 5 out of 5 stars. ( )
  Beammey | Jul 23, 2016 |
Feeling out of options, the children tag along secretly with Count Olaf and discover some disturbing and yet hopeful news. They have yet another near escape. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Jun 30, 2016 |
To hide from Count Olaf, the Baudelaire orphans disguise themselves as a two-headed person and a half-wolf baby, and get work at a carnival. But alas, Count Olaf soon has the upper hand, and the Baudelaire orphans must use all their wits to survive. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
"But the sad truth is that the truth is sad, and what you want does not matter. A series of unfortunate events can happen to anyone, no matter what they want." ( )
  Glaucialm | Feb 18, 2016 |

Snicket, Lemonyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Helquist, BrettIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Curry, TimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kupperman, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Beatrice — Our love broke my heart, and stopped yours.
When my workday is over, and I have closed my notebook, hidden my pen, and sawed holes in my rented canoe so that it cannot be found, I often like to spend the evening in conversation with my few surviving friends.

Everybody loves a carnival! Who can fail to delight in the colourful people, the unworldly spectacle, the fabulous freaks?

A carnival is a place for good family fun - as long as one has a family, that is. For the Baudelaire orphans, their time at the carnival turns out to be yet another episode in a now unbearable series of unfortunate events. In fact, in this appalling ninth instalment in Lemony Snicket′s serial, the siblings must confront a terrible lie, a caravan, and Chabo the wolf baby. With millions of readers worldwide, and the Baudelaire′s fate turning from unpleasant to unseemly, it is clear that Lemony Snicket has taken nearly all the fun out of children′s books.

Ages 10+

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:44 -0400)

On the run as suspected murderers, the unlucky Baudelaire orphans find themselves trapped in the Caligari Carnival, where they must masquerade as freaks in order to hide from the evil Count Olaf.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,654,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible