The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate…

The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events #5) (original 2000; edition 2000)

by Lemony Snicket (Author), Brett Helquist (Illustrator)

As their outrageous misfortune continues, the Baudelaire orphans are shipped off to a miserable boarding school, where they befriend the two Quagmire triplets and find that they have been followed by the dreaded Count Olaf.
Member:donutage
Title:The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events #5)
Authors:Lemony Snicket (Author)
Other authors:Brett Helquist (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2000), Edition: 1st, 240 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, children's literature, american, 21c, orphans, meddling kids, black comedy, boarding school, series, illustrated

The Austere Academy by Lemony Snicket (2000)

English (86)  French (1)  All languages (87)
Boarding school time! I usually love boarding school stories, but my hopes aren’t high given my track record with this series.

Full review here. ( )
  Shabraque | Nov 19, 2019 |
This one made my legs sore. ( )
  Shahnareads | Oct 22, 2019 |
its such a great series. Really is ( )
  OnyxMoonfall | Oct 7, 2019 |
I have begun reading this to my daughter every night before bed so it may be on my 'currently reading' list for a while.
  a1stitcher | Jun 22, 2019 |
I love the way this series is evolving, especially the way the author weaves the story of the characcter of Lemony Snickett in with the Baudelaire's story. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |

Snicket, Lemonyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Helquist, BrettIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kupperman, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Beatrice -- You will always be in my heart, in my mind, and in your grave.
If you were going to give a gold medal to the least delightful person on Earth, you would have to give that medal to a person named Carmelita Spats, and if you didn't give it to her, Carmelita Spats was the sort of person who would snatch it from your hands anyway.
If you have walked into a museum recently --- whether you did so to attend an art exhibition or to escape from the police --- you may have noticed a type of painting known as a triptych.
Assumptions are dangerous things to make, and like all dangerous things to make -- bombs, for instance, or strawberry shortcake -- if you make even the tiniest mistake you can find yourself in terrible trouble. Making assumptions simply means believing things are a certain way with little or no evidence that shows you are correct, and you can see at once how this can lead to terrible trouble.
There is no worse sound in the world than someone who cannot play the violin but insists on doing so anyway.
Mr. Poe meant well, but a jar of mustard probably also means well and would do a better job of keeping the Baudelaires out of danger.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,598,111 books! | Top bar: Always visible