The Penultimate Peril (A Series of…

The Penultimate Peril (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book 12) (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Lemony Snicket (Author), Brett Helquist (Illustrator)

The Baudelaire orphans disguise themselves as employees of the Hotel Denoument and find themselves pursued by the evil Count Olaf and by others.
Member:donutage
Title:The Penultimate Peril (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book 12)
Authors:Lemony Snicket (Author)
Other authors:Brett Helquist (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2005), Edition: 1st, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:fiction, children's literature, 21c, american, orphans, meddling kids, series, black comedy, conspiracy

The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket (2005)

Recently added byknon, bondal, isayhourwrong, dsenefsky, Mary1168, private library, Charlotte12, ashmj92887, jthielking

NU DRAR DET IHOP SIG. Vad fan är det egentligen som händer? ( )
  autisticluke | Nov 14, 2019 |
This one is intense. ( )
  Shahnareads | Oct 22, 2019 |
So gloomy, yet so entertaining. My morbid self loves this stuff! I come away depressed, yet satisfied. ( )
  Zaiga | Sep 23, 2019 |
For a series that began so well, this book apparently didn't live up to expectations as I ranked it rather lower than previous titles. However, from this many years distance from my reading of the book, I can no longer recall what my particular quibbles with this title were. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | Oct 22, 2018 |
I loved the whole Denounement Hotel, especially having it organized according to the Dewey Decimal System. ( )
  _rixx_ | Aug 30, 2018 |

Lemony Snicketprimary authorall editionscalculated
Helquist, BrettIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Curry, TimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Beatrice -- No one could extinguish my love, or your house.
Certain people have said that the world is like a calm pond, and that anytime a person does even the smallest thing, it is as if a stone has dropped into the pond, spreading circles of ripples further and further out, until the entire world has been changed by one tiny action.
The burning of a book is a sad, sad sight, for even though a book is nothing but ink and paper, it feels as if the ideas contained in the book are disappearing as the pages turn to ashes and the cover and binding—which is the term for the stitching and glue that holds the pages together—blacken and curl as the flames do their wicked work. When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author.
“Off with you” is a phrase used by people who lack the courtesy to say something more polite, such as “If there’s nothing else you require, I must be going,” or “I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to ask you to leave, please,” or even “Excuse me, but I believe you have mistaken my home for your own, and my valuable belongings for yours, and I must ask you to return the items in question to me, and leave my home, after untying me from this chair, as I am unable to do it myself, if it’s not too much trouble.”

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,337,736 books! | Top bar: Always visible