Airhead Book 2: Being Nikki by Meg Cabot

Airhead Book 2: Being Nikki (edition 2010)

by Meg Cabot

Series: Airhead (2)

Member:br13nize
Title:Airhead Book 2: Being Nikki
Authors:Meg Cabot
Info:Point (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages

Being Nikki by Meg Cabot

English (37)  Spanish (1)  All languages (38)
Good middle of the trilogy book. Some annoying traits, though I kept pulling myself back from the brink by reminding myself that the main character is only 17.

3.5 out of 5 stars ( )
  Lexxi | Jan 19, 2014 |
Really really a middle book with a nasty cliffhanger. Interesting exploration of what's happening with the brain transplant and its implications. ( )
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
I am SERIOUSLY going to kick Meg Cabot's butt! Is she trying to kill me? Seriously, if I die, it's Meg Cabot's fault... and in the State of Texas, it will be TWO counts of involuntary manslaughter, as there's a wee one in my tummy... GEEEEEEZ!! It was a cliffhanger on par with Alias Season 2! Okay, maybe Season 4, but still! It was BAD! And [b:Runaway|6460331|Runaway (Airhead, #3)|Meg Cabot|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1253819287s/6460331.jpg|6650736] doesn't come out until JUNE!!! GOSH!!!

So, the book was awesome. I TOTALLY heart Christopher, fyi... :) I don't know what to say about the book, because anything I say HERE is going to spoil the first book. The whole book was faster paced than [b:Airhead|2213324|Airhead|Meg Cabot|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1260574610s/2213324.jpg|2219112], and totally insane. Meg Cabot's insane. But goodness knows I love her and will read any book she writes! :) ( )
  saraferrell | Apr 3, 2013 |
Yep, still fun. ( )
  JenneB | Apr 2, 2013 |
Book 2…not much better, I’m sad to say. (Ignore my original rating, please.)

I kinda touched on the plot in my last review, but this is the book where the plot does improve. One of my biggest issues with the first book was that “Total amnesia does not exist in real life! Nor does it work that way!” and that Em had to screw up or not convince someone that she was really Nikki Howard. (Lulu’s theories aside.) So, when Nikki’s brother Steven shows up and calls her out on the fact that Em’s not his real sister, I loved that. I loved that Steven knew something really fishy was going on and he wasn’t going to be fooled by anyone.

Em’s characterization gets a little better in this book, although not by much. I like that she does support her little sister’s decision to become a cheerleader, and that she’s willing to find out what happened with Nikki’s and Steven’s mom. And there’s a good scene with her and some other models joking before a rehearsal that I really liked. However, I still had my frustrations and there’s a lot of the telling not showing going on in this book as well. She’s also very contradictory, especially when it comes to Brandon/Gabriel/Christopher/random boy she makes out with. Em keeps saying that she’s not that kind of girl, that she can’t help the way Nikki’s body reacts whenever a boy touches her (do not get me started on this excuse) and she loves Christopher, totally! Em doesn’t do anything to dissuade this behavior, she just let the guys take advantage of her. Quietly suppressing rage here.

I also really don’t like how the Stark plotline gets barely mentioned. It’s played up that Christopher wants to take them down (understandable, yet slightly impossible), and Em mentions it every once in a while, but so much time is spent on “I really really love Christopher, but I have all of this other stuff and you guys don’t understand how hard it is for meeee.” You almost forget that there’s a weird plot going on with the bad guys.

That said, I liked the twist that Nikki was really alive, and I liked that Brandon finds out and decides to use this information to his advantage. Sure, it’s a little obvious, but it makes for new conflict in the next book. But like the first one, the moments where I facepalmed were a little much and lessened my overall enjoyment.
  princess-starr | Mar 31, 2013 |

Meg Cabotprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, StinaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The author wishes to acknowledge the following people, without whom this book would not have been possible:

Beth Ader

Abigail McCaden

Michele Jaffe

Benjamin Egnatz
I'm cold.

Things aren't pretty for Emerson Watts.

Em was sure there couldn't be anything worse than being a brainiac the body of a teenaged supermodel.

But it turned out she was wrong. Because that supermodel could turn out to have a mother who's gone mysteriously missing, a brother who's shown up on her doorstep demanding answers, a former best friend who's intent on destroying Stark Enterprises to avenge the death of his lost love, and a British heartthrob who's written a song about her that's topping the charts.

How can Em balance all that with school, runway shows, and weekend jaunts to St. Johns - especially when she's got ex-boyfriends crawling out of the woodwork who want more than just a photo op; a sister who is headed to the high school cheerleading championships; a company she represents that seems to be turning to the dark side...

Not to mention trying to convince the love of her life that models aren't really airheads after all...especially one model in particular.

But then, nobody said it was going to be easy being Nikki.

Praise for Airhead and Meg Cabot

"Cabot…dishes up all the story ingredients her fans have come to know and love - romance, humor, believable teen dialogue and even a fantastical twist…Pure fun, this first series installment will leave readers clamoring for the next." - Publisher's Weekly

"Meg Cabot is chick-lit royalty." - Newsweek

"The text's abundant references to current pop culture and Em's witty character keep this read both grounded and fun." - Kirkus Reviews

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:41 -0400)

Studious, socially conscious Emerson Watts learns startling news about the family of Nikki Howard, the teen supermodel into whose body Emerson's brain was transplanted by the nefarious Stark corporation.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,125,804 books! | Top bar: Always visible