Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Secrets Of The Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven)…

Secrets Of The Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven) (edition 2010)

by Brandon Mull (Escritor)

Series: Fablehaven (4)

The magical preserve Fablehaven provides refuge to numerous mystical species: centaurs, trolls, satyrs, ogres, fairies, minotaurs, brownies, imps, nymphs, and many others. But some beings are too large and powerful to be confined to regular enchanted refuges. These mightiest of creatures dwell inside the dragon sanctuaries.… (more)
Member:EileenConnon
Title:Secrets Of The Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven)
Authors:Brandon Mull (Escritor)
Info:Simon And Schuster (2010), Edition: Reprint, 480 pages

Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull

this book is mind-gripping and puts you on the edge of your seat. i saw myself looking forward to what's going to happen and how it happens. even what i don't expect eventually happens. i love this book ( )
  DigitalKB | Apr 13, 2020 |
The Society of the Evening Star is relentlessly pursuing the the hidden artifacts to unlock the demon prison. The Knights of the Dawn are forced to try to recover the artifacts to keep the safe from evil hands. Two have already been found. Kendra discovers the location of a key guarding one of the vaults in Patton Burgess' journals - the dragon sanctuary of Wyrmroost. Retrieving the key is a suicide mission, yet the Knights must attempt to get the key before the Evening Star. Who will survive? And who can be trusted?

These books continue to get better as they go along. I enjoyed have Kendra, Seth and the rest of the gang going somewhere outside of Fablehaven and seeing what the magical world is like outside of Fablehaven. I did feel like a lot of this book was set up for the final book in the series but it was still very good. I definitely didn't suspect one of the twists at the end and I'm still not too sure I'm happy about that! ( )
  melrailey | Apr 7, 2020 |
This one actually had a bizarre twist at the end and who doesn't love Vanessa , her cameos need to be more in the last in order for the Team to beat the Sphinx. ( )
  MrNattania72 | Mar 17, 2020 |
BOTTOM-LINE:
Great dragons, bad story
PLOT OR PREMISE:
Two stories converge, one of faux Kendra and one of a Dragon sanctuary
WHAT I LIKED:
The story of Kendra and a duplicate is interesting, but a bit slow for most of it. But once the Dragon sanctuary is involved, it takes off again.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
Seth is being stupid again and it is really starting to take away from the story. If it was just him in the story, I would have stopped reading long ago. Plus the faux Kendra story is pretty one-sided for most of it. Finally, the teams are separated in the sanctuary, and everyone relativley carries on as if it is "business as usual", despite thinking the others have died. Really?
DISCLOSURE:
I received no compensation, not even a free copy, in exchange for this review. I am not personal friends with the author, nor do I follow him on social media. ( )
  polywogg | Jan 27, 2020 |
this series keeps getting better with each book. the amount of action, suspense, and oddity of each new character increases and helps the plot to be so much more interesting from its predecessor. ( )
  M.Akter.Tonima | Nov 3, 2017 |

Brandon Mullprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dorman, BrandonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Two hidden artifacts have been found. More preserves face destruction as the Society of the Evening Star relentlessly pursues new talismans. Desperate to stop them, Kendra discovers the location of the key to a vault housing one of the artifacts in Patton's Journal of Secrets. To retrievet the key, the Knights of the Dawn must enter a death trap--a dragon sanctuary called Wyrmroost. Will anyone who enters the sanctuary make it out alive? Or have Kendra and Seth finally gotten in too deep?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,709,296 books! | Top bar: Always visible