All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel…

All New Square Foot Gardening (1981)

by Mel Bartholomew

Recently added byprivate library, cosypumpkin, DanMacD, Struble, novunus, TEBooksandMore, Socoart, squishedlizard
    All New Square Foot Gardening Cookbook by Mel Bartholomew (ianturton)
    ianturton: this is the companion cookery book for the gardening book. Very useful for when you get a glut of vegetables.

I thought, for an instructional book, this was well-written, clear, and encouraging! Wonderful, and I'm excited to put the process to work! ( )
  abeckert23 | Jan 6, 2016 |
Great book on gardening that makes it easy for the amateur. It really makes you want to head over to the local hardware store and start your own garden. Unfortunately, it isn't as easy as he makes it out to be and you'll become well-acquainted with quite a few things not covered: 10 kinds of caterpillars, 5 kinds of grasshoppers, snails, slugs, powdery mildew, spider mites, aphids, leaf miners, and a bunch of other stuff. You'll have to learn the hard way how to fight off all your local pests, which practices and growing patterns encourage/ discourage these, and all the millions of other things gardeners have had to fight through since Adam was condemned to feed his family by the sweat of his brow. As far as his close planting, I find it infuriating picking off those well-camouflaged caterpillars and other pests with the density he proposes.

This book provides a shortcut to getting a garden started and having a weed-free bed, but after that, you'll be searching on each and every plant. ( )
  Hae-Yu | May 12, 2015 |
Best gardening book ever: I do not come by gardening naturally, but after my daughter read this book in Africa, she convinced me that even I could make things grow. She was right. I live in a rural area and only get sun on my deck and this system is perfect. The soil mix is the best I have ever used. It is low maintence. The book is easy to read with some great reference tables. There are lots of great photos and diagrams for the visual learner. Throughout the book you will even find tips for including your children. I have since purchased 2 more books as gifts.
  lonepalm | Feb 5, 2014 |
This is the book for you if you want ot grow more vegetables or flowers in smaller space.
  SABC | Jan 14, 2014 |
Helped me refine my raised bed gardening ( )
  Fairydragonstar | Mar 30, 2013 |

"If you want to grow more vegetables and flowers in less space, All New Square Foot Gardening is for you. Author Mel Bartholomew takes you through his proven square foot gardening method adopted by satisfied gardeners for more than twenty-five years. Now in All New Square Foot Gardening, Mel unveils ten new improvements that save you more time and more money all with a lot less work. And with All New Square Foot Gardening, you no longer have to worry about weeds and fertilizer! Gardeners everywhere enthusiastically endorse Mel Bartholomew's revolutionary square foot gardening method."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,292,689 books! | Top bar: Always visible