Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang: A Dark Ones…

Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang: A Dark Ones Novel (edition 2009)

by Katie MacAlister

Member:jdk102000
Title:Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang: A Dark Ones Novel
Authors:Katie MacAlister
Info:Signet (2009), Edition: 1 Original, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages

Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang by Katie MacAlister

This is the second book in the sequence involving Pia and Kristoff and I still know almost nothing about either character. Kristoff is tall, handsome, and stoic. Pia is obsessed with her weight.

Seriously, Pia is so obsessed with her weight that it's mentioned in every chapter, sometimes across multiple pages. So obsessed with her weight that Kristoff comments about how obsessed she is. She also loves animals, has lousy judgment, and seems to either be jealous of or hates anorexic people. (I couldn't really tell, and either way it makes me think that Katie MacAlister has never had a close friend or family member suffer from anorexia, because the comments are kind of horrific if you actually know anything about the disease.)

Anyway, in terms of romance, Pia and Kristoff have sex. That's pretty much it. I didn't actually finish this, so it's possible there was some sort of character development in the last few chapters, but the possible payoff didn't seem worth the effort when there are so many better books out there to read.
  thewalkinggirl | Feb 18, 2010 |
Can't wait for the next book! ( )
  j.l.kelly | Dec 31, 2009 |
Book 7 of the series. Fun and easy read. The women characters were especially good. They were strong, and quick witted. It kept my interest throughout the whole book. It was part mystery and part love story. I liked the ending, with a few twists thrown in which was pretty good. ( )
  littleflwers | Sep 24, 2009 |
This is the second book to the one above I am really glad I read them together, I like this new series and am not disappointed that I bought them( you know what I mean , the wow that sucked why in the world did I spend 6 bucks on it type) , this tied up some loose ends for me but I really didn't love the ending it seemed rushed, and I am not really sure if there will be another book or not? it did seem to end at least and didn't leave me hanging like the first one. not as good as some other series but not a toss back either. ( )
  averitasm | May 21, 2009 |
I have read all of Katie Mac's books, including her YA titles. I have to say that "Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang" and "Zen and the Art of Vampires" are my two favorite titles to date. I was a little put out with the ending of "Zen and the Art of Vampires," but thankfully didn't have to wait too long for the story to pick back up with this title.

I love Katie Mac's female characters because there is always something different about them, and I don't just mean their unsual abilities. They usually have a personality quirk or something in the way they look that makes them different from other people, giving them an obstacle to move past before they can realize the guy in their life isn't kidding when he says she's gorgeous.

"Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang" is full of suspense, paranormal characters, drama, and most importantly - love. Once I started this title I couldn't put it down! If you've enjoyed Katie Mac's other books, definitely give this one a whirl, but you should probably read "Zen and the Art of Vampires" first so you aren't terribly lost. ( )
  KitCatJMS | May 9, 2009 |

Katie MacAlisterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Poole, NicoleReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Oder, BettinaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
“He’s here.”

When something threatens her ghostly charges and she is hunted by the vampire community, Pia Thomason, torn between her mistrustful husband Kristoff and his best friend, Alec, resigns herself to making the best of her new life.

Katie MacAlister is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,307,518 books! | Top bar: Always visible