Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, Book 1) by…

Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, Book 1) (edition 2009)

by Faith Hunter

Member:vaspitfire
Title:Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, Book 1)
Authors:Faith Hunter
Info:Roc (2009), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:urban fantasy, series, vampire, assassin

Skinwalker by Faith Hunter

English (45)  German (2)  All languages (47)
Jane Yellowrock is another flawed but fiercely awesome urban fantasy character. A strong female lead, I love how she makes tons of mistakes and just keeps going. As she searches for the answers to her past we get to see the person that Jane will become. Great storyline with enough twists to keep the series fresh. I would recommend reading the companion short stories as hunter references these without going in to the back story. You have to make some assumptions if you haven't read them. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
This is a great introduction to a new character and series. The author has a flare with a strong female lead this is refreshing. ( )
  suteko | Mar 31, 2014 |
  suteko | Mar 31, 2014 |
I absolutely loved this book! I decided to try reading some Faith Hunter books after reading most of David B. Coe's fantasy works. They share a blogsite along with some fellow authors which is how I learned about her and the Jane Yellowrock series looked like alot of fun so I thought I'd give it a try. I have to say I was instantly hooked. Finally we get a great fantasy author who's not afraid to make her main character have a tender side. Sure she's tough and sexy but she's not just a killing machine. She's human...well sort of....and she is afraid at times, cries at other times and has a strong sense of morals, right and wrong plus she goes to church when she can. She's also not super omg-uber powerful and can't just kill everything in sight by batting an eyelash. She takes on some nasty opponents and gets hurt. Alot. Also every man in the world doesn't bow down to her and want her although she does have her fair share of interested guys. I guess what I'm saying is she's pretty normal, for a shapechanging gal that is and I like it. The characters are interesting and the world feels real to me. I can't wait to read each book in this series. ( )
  Jamiesbookblog | Feb 13, 2014 |
For a first book in a series it was good, but nothing more then that. It's hard to get really into the book on the first hundred pages or so, but then it get better.
The men in the book however where all tall, dark, handsome, chauvinistic pigs,exactly the kind i dislike.
But considering all, the book was decent and got me interested enough to continue the series! ( )
  Dorotea.C | Nov 30, 2013 |

Faith Hunterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hvam, KhristineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Jane Yellowrock is the last of her kind-a skinwalker of Cherokee descent who can turn into any creature she desires and hunts vampires for a living. But now she's been hired by Katherine Fontaneau, one of the oldest vampires in New Orleans and the madam of Katie's Ladies, to hunt a powerful rogue vampire who's killing other vamps...

"Jane Yellowrock is the last of her kind--a skinwalker of Cherokee descent who can turn into any creature she desires--and hunts the undead for a living. But now she's been hired by Katherine Fonteneau, one of the oldest vampires in New Orleans and the madam of Katie's Ladies, to hunt a powerful rogue vampire who's killing other vamps. Amidst a bordello full of real 'ladies of the night,' and a hot Cajun biker with a panther tattoo who stirs her carnal desire, Jane must stay focused and complete her mission, or else the next skin she'll need to save may be her own."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Faith Hunter is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,482,986 books! | Top bar: Always visible