Fatal Secrets: A Novel of Suspense by…

Fatal Secrets: A Novel of Suspense (edition 2009)

by Allison Brennan

Member:Alandriel
Title:Fatal Secrets: A Novel of Suspense
Authors:Allison Brennan
Info:Ballantine Books (2009), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages

Fatal Secrets by Allison Brennan

Started April 06th, 2014.
( Currently in mad rush getting up-to-date with a few series from [a:Allison Brennan|52527|Allison Brennan|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1291263493p2/52527.jpg] )
Hm, again just 4 stars for the ending being again predictable and too much romance. Just over 3 stars, would have given 3.7 stars if possible.
The story is rather brutal, with torture and a high body-count. The romance was ok and felt real, but a bit long and too much, with one or two simple, non-kinky sex-scenes thrown in.
The problem of human trafficking is described with a lot of insight (at least it felt very real to me, wether that is true, I can only guess).
The book takes a clear stance against going rogue and being vigilant and I like that. The thin line between bending rules and breaking them is never crosses and even for the bending there are always good reasons.

Having read quite a few of her books now i see a pattern, but not too bad.
Recommend reading this book, 80% of it is a page-turner, only slowed down by the romance/sex-scenes. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
A dark romantic suspense that started out strong and kept on going pulling me in with lots of information on the human trafficking underworld but rather light on the romance between a scarred heroine and compassionate hero. FBI agent Dean jumps in the middle of a case ICE agent Sonia is working.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
The story on the whole was good, but it was slow going. There were times almost gave up on the book. In the end I am glad that I didn't give up. ( )
  callmejacx | Feb 13, 2014 |
Tough going thru the info dump on trafficking of sexual slaves and indentured servants. When you zero in past that, it’s a good story—tho’ violent. I’ve liked others of hers better, like THE PREY. ( )
  JoAnnSmithAinsworth | May 22, 2010 |
Sonia Knight is an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agent who is committed to stemming the tide of human trafficking. Her mission is a personal one, since she herself was sold into prostitution at age 13 by her father, a missionary in South America. She escaped her captivity unharmed in Texas and was adopted by a loving American family. When her stakeout of a suspect's home is interupted by an FBI team with a search warrant for financial records, she is furious. However, she soon realizes that their investigations are overlapping and that, by joining forces, they will have a greater chance of success. And of course it doesn't hurt that the FBI team leader is very good-looking and does something strange to her insides.

As predictible as any other popular romantic suspense - but Allison Brennan is one of the best, and this book is better written than most of its type. ( )
  sjmccreary | Dec 23, 2009 |

Brennan, Allisonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lee, Ann MarieReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Six years ago, a woman I'd never met before came up to me at my first RWA meeting and said, "You're going to sell your book." I thought she was insane. Instead, she was phychic.

This one's for you, Anna Stewart.
Sonia was thirteen the first time she killed a man.

"When a top lieutenant in a notorious ring of human traffickers agrees to turn state's evidence, Immigration and Customs Enforcement senior agent Sonia Knight believes she'll finally take down the illegal operation's devilish mastermind, Xavier Jones. But when an FBI sting on Jones's criminal enterprise collides with an ICE stakeout, Sonia is enraged: her informant's life and her evidence is in grave jeopardy." -- P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,216,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible