Tempted By His Kiss by Tracy Anne Warren

Tempted By His Kiss (edition 2009)

by Tracy Anne Warren

Member:The_Book_Queen
Title:Tempted By His Kiss
Authors:Tracy Anne Warren
Info:Avon (2009), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Tags:Want to Read

Tempted By His Kiss by Tracy Anne Warren

A really good solid 4-star book. Good characters, nice plot development, satisfying ending. I liked the historically accurate tidbits interspersed. Looking forward to more about the Byron family. ( )
  doxiemomx2 | Jan 10, 2011 |
Tracy Anne Warren is with Avon now. Though the book is a good read, I think she may have lost some of her uniqueness. ( )
  phyllisd | Jan 4, 2010 |
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Feb09

When I read the back cover blurb for “Tempted By His Kiss” by Tracy Anne Warren, for some reason I expected a humorous book. And I guess there were some humorous parts, but this story is written as a more serious historical about a physically and mentally wounded soldier. Is it strange that I read this tale back-to-back with another historical about a suffering military man? Or is it that the ‘wounded warrior’ theme is one that has special meaning for us these days?

Warren’s new series is about the Byron family. They’re not related to that Lord Byron, but they are, at times, just as scandalous. Our first Byron is Cade. He returned from war a tortured and broken man and has removed himself to the countryside, far from his family and society. NOTHING can budge him from his ‘fortress of solitude’. Until, that is, a young lady, Meg, ends up stranded at his ‘fortress’ by a freak snowstorm…with only her maid for a chaperone…for three weeks! Now, to save her reputation, the two have no choice but to head for London and feign an engagement. Meg will stay with the Byron family for the duration of the season. During which time she will find a husband and ‘jilt’ Cade. Unfortunately Cade just doesn’t seem to approve of any of the men she meets! And to make matters worse, he’s accusing a recent war hero of being the spy who had him tortured and murdered his French fiancée…the reason he says he won’t marry Meg. But if he doesn’t want to marry Meg, why does he keep making love to her?

I honestly can’t recall if I’ve read anything by this author before. The hero and heroine were likable enough if a bit dim-witted. I thought the villain was smarter than both of them. The plot is not particularly complex and easy to follow, but that also makes it easy to figure out the upcoming events. I would have liked to have gotten a bit more information about the other brothers who I assume will be the upcoming heroes in the remaining two books of this series. On the other hand, I enjoyed the very passionate, if unlikely, love scenes between the lead characters and did enjoy the beautiful descriptions and bits of humor as they appeared.

I would describe Tracy Anne Warren’s “Tempted By His Kiss” as a ‘whip cream’ historical romance. Fun, light reading that leaves you with a grin…at least it’s not fattening! ( )
  jjmachshev | Nov 6, 2008 |
Cade Byron tossed back the whiskey in his glass, then reached for the bottle on the side table next to his armchair.

Orphaned beauty Meg Amberley never planned to pose as Lord Cade Byron’s fiancée. Caught in a snowstorm, she takes refuge at his estate. Stranded together, Meg soon finds herself falling under Cade’s spell. When the roads clear, she intends to leave, but fate intervenes.

Haunted by his past, Cade Byron has buried himself in the country.

When a snowstorm strands beautiful Meg Amberley on his doorstep, foreign service officer Lord Cade Byron's crafted defenses will be put to the test. Forced to pretend an engagement, will Meg be able to break down the walls around Cade's heart, or will the scars of his past prove too much?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,367,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible