Beauty's Punishment by Anne Rice

Beauty's Punishment (original 1984; edition 1999)

by Anne Rice, Anne Rice

Member:twilightlost
Title:Beauty's Punishment
Authors:Anne Rice
Other authors:Anne Rice
Info:Plume (1999), Paperback, 256 pages
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, erotica

Beauty's Punishment by A. N. Roquelaure (Pseudonym) (1984)

Recently added byCandaceVan, Belle_Starr, wm3395, private library, Murmelit, mrsreadsbooks, Kaylinofhr, Rena37, tamarah71
Legacy LibrariesNewton 'Bud' Flounders

Beauty is awakened from her hundred-year sleep by the Prince, not with a simple kiss, but with a deflowering, initiating her into a Satyricon-like world of sexual adventures. After stripping her naked he takes her to his kingdom, ruled by his mother, the Queen, where Beauty is trained as a slave and a plaything. The rest of the naked slaves, dozens of them, in the Queen's palace are princes and princesses sent by their royal parents from the surrounding kingdoms as tributes. In this palace they spend several years learning to become obedient and submissive sexual property, accepting being spanked, being publicly displayed, crawling around on their hands and knees, servicing their masters and mistresses, until they return to their own lands "being enhanced in wisdom".

In the palace Beauty meets another slave, Prince Alexi, with whom she copulates passionately. After that he tells her the long adventurous journey he had in the palace. Alexi previously had been a stubborn prince who fought back all the attempts to break him, until the Queen sent him to the kitchen to get him tortured by crude kitchen servants. The punishment Alexi received there was so savage and merciless he began to lose his senses and, after some particularly humiliating training at the hands of a strong stable boy, Alexi became a totally surrendered slave, playing various sexual games at the Queen's commands.

The moral of Alexi's story notwithstanding, Beauty fails to become an obedient plaything, and the book closes with her being sentenced to brutal slavery in the neighboring village along with other failed slaves.
  bostonwendym | Mar 3, 2016 |
It is between a 4 and 5 star. Have thought it either way. It is a great book to read, but I do think that the whole story with the severe punishments is all going very fast. At the beginning of the book they have already received all the worst you can imagine. It doesn't leave any imagination left during the story. And the quantity of slaves is overwhelming which made the whole story a bit too overdone ( )
  misty13 | Oct 17, 2015 |
I came across references to these books for years, my interest was piqued. I came across a copy of the second volume in the trilogy and decided to read the novel. I will say that Rice can write well, a fairly simple story told entertainingly, however, bdsm is not my thing. Personally, I like to keep things simple and to the point. ( )
  Traveller1 | Mar 30, 2013 |
Author: Anne Rice
Published By: Plume
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Book Blog For: GMTA
Rating: 4

Review:

"Beauty's Punishment" by Anne Rice is a sequel from book one: The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty" where we find it is another 'steamy erotica' read of how 'Beauty and Prince Tristan' survive in 'The Village' that is told to you in first and third person.

Now, let me stop here and say if you haven't read the first book and not open to erotica, bdsm, fantasy, fairy tales, sexuality ....STOP! The read wouldn't be of interest at all to you. This novel is not for the faint of heart so be aware of this. OK, continuing on.."Beauty's Punishment" is of her being "punished for having rebelled against Prince Tristan....where she is auctioned, captivated and subjected to some of the most erotic, cruel and tantalizing games of domination and submission." I will stop and this point and say to find out any more about this read you must pick up "Beauty's Punishment" to see how this author puts it all together for the reader in this fairy tale. Ms. Rice works really well at illustrating all of this to the reader even presenting some twist and turns really making this a intriguing read. Believe me when I say you once you start will be kept reading just to see what is coming next. (At least it was for me). It really amazes me how this author was able to recraft this fairy tale into a adult fantasy series...leaving me only to say WOW!

If you are into this read and one who enjoys what Ms. Rice has to offer in her Trilogy reads ...Bravo....Would I recommend this to you? ...only YES if this type of book is of interest to YOU! ( )
  arlenadean | Mar 3, 2013 |
Excellent. Will definitely read again. Soon ( )
  Ramona00 | Nov 15, 2012 |

Roquelaure, A. N.Pseudonymprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rice, AnneAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
The morning star was just fading in the violet sky as the huge wooden cart, crowded with naked slaves, moved slowly over the castle drawbridge.

The delicious and erotically charged sequel to The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty

This sequel to The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty, the first of Anne Rice's (writing as A.N. Roquelaure) elegantly written volumes of erotica, continues her explicit, teasing exploration of the psychology of human desire. Now Beauty, having indulged in a secret and forbidden infatuation with the rebellious slave Prince Tristan, is sent away from the Satyricon-like world of the Castle. Sold at auction, she will soon experience the tantalizing punishments of "the village," as her education in love, cruelty, dominance, submission, and tenderness is turned over to the brazenly handsome Captain of the Guard. And once again Rice's fabulous tale of pleasure and pain dares to explore the most primal and well-hidden desires of the human heart. Preceding the visceral eroticism of E.L. James’ Fifty Shades of Grey and even more haunting than her own novel Belinda, this second installment is not to be missed.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:27 -0400)

Beauty is sold into erotic slavery and forced to obey the orders of the Captain and Mistress Lockley.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,132,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible