The Sniper by James Riordan

The Sniper (edition 2009)

by James Riordan

The Sniper by James Riordan

Gripping war story. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
Book review by Joshua, posted by CA Library:

"**SPOILER ALERT!** The Sniper by James Riordan is a book about a girl who is at the age of six-teen and forced to fight for Stalingrad. This girls name is Tenechka but everyone in the book seems to call her Tania. Its starts out in chapter 2 by saying she was at school and then through the next four chapters she has become a soldier.

This girl Tania was first an anti-aircraft gunner (AA Gunner) and didn’t sleep for four days and fur nights she was forced to take down enemy German planes back in WWII and shot down nine planes. Then she blacked out and was in a hospital cart then in her home and she woke up in her father’s favorite chair and the house was a mess. She looked around to find anyone but yet found no one.

The book is a great book and I really liked it and if you like reading about snipers and want to become one this is an ok book to read. In some parts I got chills and other parts were pretty boring but overall its really cool. I like on how the author made it through a soldiers point of view and through a giant transformation from School girl to Soldier fighting for her country. The one major down side is that it doesn’t say the name of the rifle when the girl receives sniper training also I like on how it has little romance in it but still involves blood, sweat, and tears. I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars." ( )
  calibrary1 | Nov 28, 2012 |
An exceptional book by an excellent author of the Percy Jackson books, James Riordan. My teen son and I read this within two day and we were both fighting each other for it! The true story of a teen, who wants to be a nurse, but gets called into fighting against the Germans in the Battle of Stalingrad. ( )
  Spibrarian | Aug 20, 2009 |

Stalingrad snipers were a legend in their time. Based on true events, we follow a teenage sniper recruited in 1942 to seek out and shoot German officers.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,428,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible