Throw Out Fifty Things: Clear the Clutter,…

Throw Out Fifty Things: Clear the Clutter, Find Your Life

by Gail Blanke

Clutter clearing from a very white-privileged, upper-income-bracket point of view. Reads very much like mid-day talk show advice. I did not find it particularly useful. The resource list might be, but it is now nearly ten years out of date. ( )
  lhskarka | May 15, 2017 |
Mike Chamberlain, Michael Mosley, & Mimi Spencer
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
I'm reading this slowly as I actually throw fifty things out (which means 50 categories of things,not 50 items)...so far, some good progress. I'm not sure if the book is better than most de-cluttering books or if I'm just ready...a little of both, I think.
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
Rambles on, from practical tips on organizing to campy, maudlin self-help hints. Overall, rather good! ( )
  Sandydog1 | Nov 10, 2014 |
No. Disliked, didn't finish, don't recommend. ( )
  TanteLeonie | Jan 13, 2014 |
For Jim
Whenever people ask me to describe my coaching "methodology," I tell them I use the Michelangelo Method. (Introduction)
This is the actual book of Throw Out Fifty Things. The Audiobook is abridged, everywhere it's available, and should NOT be combined with the actual book.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044650579X, Hardcover)

"Our lives are so filled with junk from the past-from dried up tubes of glue to old grudges-that it's a wonder we can get up in the morning," exclaims motivator, best-selling author, columnist, and life coach Gail Blanke.

"If you want to grow, you gotta let go," is Blanke's mantra; and that means eliminating all the clutter-physical and emotional-that holds you back, weighs you down, or just makes you feel bad about yourself.

In THROW OUT FIFTY THINGS she takes us through each room of the house-from the attic to the garage-and even to the far reaches of our minds. Through poignant and humorous stories, she inspires us to get rid of the "life plaque" we've allowed to build-up there.

That junk drawer (you know that drawer) in the kitchen? Empty it!
Those old regrets? Throw 'em out!
That make-up from your "old" look? Toss it!
That relationship that depresses you? Dump it!
Once you've hit fifty-you'll be surprised how easy it is to get there-and once you've thrown out that too-tight belt and too-small view of yourself, you'll be ready to step out into the clearing and into the next, and greatest, segment of your life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:01 -0400)

"Gail Blanke offers inspiring ways to clear away the debris of your life-both physical and mental-to help you find peace, energy and a better vision of who you are."--Provided by the publisher.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Gail Blanke's book Throw Out Fifty Things was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,812,971 books! | Top bar: Always visible