Throw Out Fifty Things by Gail Blanke

Throw Out Fifty Things

by Gail Blanke

I'm reading this slowly as I actually throw fifty things out (which means 50 categories of things,not 50 items)...so far, some good progress. I'm not sure if the book is better than most de-cluttering books or if I'm just ready...a little of both, I think.
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
Rambles on, from practical tips on organizing to campy, maudlin self-help hints. Overall, rather good! ( )
  Sandydog1 | Nov 10, 2014 |
No. Disliked, didn't finish, don't recommend. Time to get back to the clutter-clearing book that worked for me years ago and can inspire me again. That is NOT this one. ( )
  TanteLeonie | Jan 13, 2014 |
Self-help books and motivational speakers can be a lot like lawyers, everybody likes to dog them until they really need one. BOTTOM LINE: I desperately needed some motivation to clean out my closets before the New Year and this book gave it to me so I'm giving it a thumbs up. I also appreciated this author interspersing websites (several I hadn't heard of before) for recycling/repurposing discarded items. ( )
  dele2451 | Dec 30, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I'm obsessed with organizing and this book was a great quick read, had great tips and made me toss things. I'd recommend highly to anyone who is overwhelmed with organizing or their home. Great advice, simple to follow. ( )
  sandijo | Nov 13, 2013 |
For Jim
Whenever people ask me to describe my coaching "methodology," I tell them I use the Michelangelo Method. (Introduction)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044650579X, Hardcover)

"Our lives are so filled with junk from the past-from dried up tubes of glue to old grudges-that it's a wonder we can get up in the morning," exclaims motivator, best-selling author, columnist, and life coach Gail Blanke.

"If you want to grow, you gotta let go," is Blanke's mantra; and that means eliminating all the clutter-physical and emotional-that holds you back, weighs you down, or just makes you feel bad about yourself.

In THROW OUT FIFTY THINGS she takes us through each room of the house-from the attic to the garage-and even to the far reaches of our minds. Through poignant and humorous stories, she inspires us to get rid of the "life plaque" we've allowed to build-up there.

That junk drawer (you know that drawer) in the kitchen? Empty it!
Those old regrets? Throw 'em out!
That make-up from your "old" look? Toss it!
That relationship that depresses you? Dump it!
Once you've hit fifty-you'll be surprised how easy it is to get there-and once you've thrown out that too-tight belt and too-small view of yourself, you'll be ready to step out into the clearing and into the next, and greatest, segment of your life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:01 -0400)

"Gail Blanke offers inspiring ways to clear away the debris of your life-both physical and mental-to help you find peace, energy and a better vision of who you are."--Provided by the publisher.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Throw Out Fifty Things by Gail Blanke was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,904,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible