Das Grab ist erst der Anfang: Roman by Kathy…

Das Grab ist erst der Anfang: Roman (edition 2011)

by Kathy Reichs, Klaus Berr (Übersetzer)

Member:hahehei
Title:Das Grab ist erst der Anfang: Roman
Authors:Kathy Reichs (Author)
Other authors:Klaus Berr (Übersetzer)
Info:Heyne (2011), Taschenbuch, 384 Seiten
Collections:Your library, Fiction, gelesen 2012
Tags:Krimi, USA, Illinois, Chicago, Kanada, Quebec, Montreal, 2012

206 Bones by Kathy Reichs

English (73)  German (2)  French (2)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (80)
I have to hand it to Ms. Reichs...keeping a character fresh and interesting after 12 books is a real accomplishment! There are a plethora of CSI/anthropology/coroner/pathologist characters in the literary world, but Temperance Brennan remains one of my favorite. She has life difficulties, but still has a decent life. She has friends, families (she is close to her ex-husbands family in Chicago as well as her own in NC), and on again, off again lovers. She has a cat named Birdie. She is smart, tough, and conscientious--everything you want in a person who is trying to discover the who, what, and hows of murder.

debs913 | Apr 2, 2016 |
Joyce Bean
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
I purchased this book simply because the television show ‘Bones’ is based on and inspired by Kathy Reichs. Early in the book I wished I had not wasted my money for several reasons which I will not detail here. However, at the two thirds mark I have found, that like fungus, it has grown on me. Instead of a one star rating it is now heading for a two or three star rating. The story line has improved and although I still keep thinking of Television's Bones and Booth at times, I find increasingly that I want to read the next chapter.

If ‘206 Bones’ is on your reading list do not give up in the early chapters. ( )
  DCarlin | Jan 23, 2016 |
Temperance wakes up and finds herself shut into a totally dark, cold, silent space - a tomb? As she tries to find a way out she remembers the events of the days leading up to her predicament.

She remembers studying bones and being called on mistakes she made - missing discoloration on a child's tooth which would indicate antibiotics and finger bones she was sure she saw but are now missing and are crucial to the identification of the body. Her prodigious talents help her solve the mystery and survive until help arrives to rescue her.

Reichs' style of writing has short sentences and terse language. The narrator made good use of a French accent when speaking for the Montreal natives of the story. ( )
  mamzel | Mar 14, 2015 |
I am a Kathy Reichs fan vrs. a Pat Cornwell. Reichs stories have a more plausible plot and an easier read. I am grossed out by Cornwall every so often. This book was a fast satisfying read. ( )
  Alphawoman | May 28, 2014 |
Reichs isn’t above a bit of melodrama, and her heroine is metaphorically tied to the tracks at one awkward juncture — until the forensic procedures take center stage, as they always do in this cleverly plotted and expertly maintained series.

Kathy Reichsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lee, WillCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosenblat, BarbaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my colleagues in the forensic sciences who have demonstrated their professional commitment and aptitude by applying for and obtaining legitimate board certification. The exam was a bear, but we did it! Bravo!
Cold.

Chicago forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan is accused of mishandling the autopsy and the case of a missing heiress from Montreal--an investigation that becomes more complicated when two more bodies of elderly women are found in Montreal and Tempe faces the very real possibility that a colleague has sabotaged work in the lab.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,727 books! | Top bar: Always visible