Das Grab ist erst der Anfang: Roman by Kathy…

Das Grab ist erst der Anfang: Roman (edition 2011)

by Kathy Reichs, Klaus Berr (Übersetzer)

Title:Das Grab ist erst der Anfang: Roman
Authors:Kathy Reichs (Author)
Other authors:Klaus Berr (Übersetzer)
Info:Heyne (2011), Taschenbuch, 384 Seiten
Collections:Your library, Fiction, gelesen 2012
Tags:Krimi, USA, Illinois, Chicago, Kanada, Quebec, Montreal, 2012

206 Bones by Kathy Reichs

English (70)  German (2)  French (2)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (77)
Temperance wakes up and finds herself shut into a totally dark, cold, silent space - a tomb? As she tries to find a way out she remembers the events of the days leading up to her predicament.

She remembers studying bones and being called on mistakes she made - missing discoloration on a child's tooth which would indicate antibiotics and finger bones she was sure she saw but are now missing and are crucial to the identification of the body. Her prodigious talents help her solve the mystery and survive until help arrives to rescue her.

Reichs' style of writing has short sentences and terse language. The narrator made good use of a French accent when speaking for the Montreal natives of the story. ( )
  mamzel | Mar 14, 2015 |
I am a Kathy Reichs fan vrs. a Pat Cornwell. Reichs stories have a more plausible plot and an easier read. I am grossed out by Cornwall every so often. This book was a fast satisfying read. ( )
  Alphawoman | May 28, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
As a fan of the television show Bones, I've always wanted to read one of the Bones books. However, it took nearly 40-50 pages of my reading (not comprehending, just looking at words and arguing with my brain) to realize that the book isn't the show. I kept wondering where Booth and Angela was. It also confused me about Katy and Tempe being a divorcee. Then, I remembered that the books weren't about Bones, the TV, but about Tempe taking a stab at a writing career. Unfortunately it had already ruined my thinking progress. Maybe I should have started reading from book one, instead of this one further into the character. Maybe then, it would have made more sense to me. ( )
  Caneil | Oct 28, 2013 |
Similar plot line set up as the last 4 books, which is disheartening as one already sees the "evil doers" by the first third of the book.
  VeritysVeranda | Sep 29, 2013 |
A soft 3 stars. This latest Temperance Brennan novel has all the ingredients to make something good but somehow the ingredients don't gel together. The three plot lines : A (the bad guy at work), B (the grannies serial killer) and C (Temperance's relationship with Ryan) mix like water and oil not vinegar and oil.

Reichs still amaze me with her sense of the places her characters are in. I can totally buy and feel Temperance's visit to Chicago and know that it's accurate, get a feel of the place. Why? Because I live in the other place Temperance works and Reichs nails Montreal, the Laurentians, Oka. Tiny, little thing Laval University is not in Laval but Québec City but really I'm nitpicking.

So, good ingredients, bad mix because it's not a sign of a good Brennan novel when the reader less than half way through knows who the bad guys are and starts yelling at Tempy to get a clue. ( )
  writerlibrarian | Aug 31, 2013 |
Reichs isn’t above a bit of melodrama, and her heroine is metaphorically tied to the tracks at one awkward juncture — until the forensic procedures take center stage, as they always do in this cleverly plotted and expertly maintained series.

Kathy Reichsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lee, WillCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosenblat, BarbaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my colleagues in the forensic sciences who have demonstrated their professional commitment and aptitude by applying for and obtaining legitimate board certification. The exam was a bear, but we did it! Bravo!

Chicago forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan is accused of mishandling the autopsy and the case of a missing heiress from Montreal--an investigation that becomes more complicated when two more bodies of elderly women are found in Montreal and Tempe faces the very real possibility that a colleague has sabotaged work in the lab.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

206 Bones by Kathy Reichs was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,865,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible