Too Good To Be True by Kristan Higgins

Too Good To Be True

by Kristan Higgins

English (24)  Italian (1)  All languages (25)
Too good to be true by Kristan Higgins (Audio Edition)
Narrated by Xe Sands

Callahan O’Shea….. sigh….. what a great leading man. Loved his honest, straightforward approach, his flirty side and pretty much everything else about him. Grace is one lucky lady. I liked her character as well. Yes, she took a lot of guff from her family, and put herself out more than some might. She has spunk though, and goes for what she wants in life, instead of just trying to please her family, which I think is important.

I LOVED how the leads met it was great! You could feel the instant attraction and I couldn't wait to have them in the scenes together again. The fact that this is pretty much a clean/no sex book (it's implied not described) does not detract from the story at all. With Higgins wonderful skills at writing, I still feel the characters chemistry and passion for each other.

As always,with this author, I chuckled often throughout this story felt sadness, and was also shocked a few times. The narrator Xe Sands did a fantastic job.

Very glad I picked up this story!

Original review posted at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogspot.ca/
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
I didn't care for this one as much as I've liked the other books by Kristan Higgins I've read. Once again told in the first person point of view (though in the past tense this time, thank God). It just felt like you got a lot of Grace's point of view, and none of Callahan's, which doesn't make for a very fun story for me. I like to see the inner workings of the leading male's head and heart as well. Also, Grace is way too neurotic about her horrible dog. And what's up with Kristan Higgins' need to (1) make up a new way to swear in her books that sounds ridiculously unnatural ("God's nightgown!" Who says this? Really? Is she a 90 year old lady?) and (2) reinvent "blah blah blah" (still trying to decide if this book's iteration is more or less annoying than the last one's "blah blah bleeping blah").

ALSO, one of my pet peeves is American authors who use British-isms.
You live in New York. People live in apartments, not flats. You did not "have a good shag," you got laid. This sort of nonsense throws me for a loop and abruptly jerks me out of the story, which makes me grouchy. It just makes me think that the author read too many British romance novels and watched Bridget Jones' Diary a few too many times. Please write in the vernacular your characters would actually use. Now if your character was addicted to romance novels, esp. those of the British variety (like a certain friend of mine), then OK, I can see her being a weirdo and using words like "flat" and "shag." (I HATE the word shag, btw.)

OTHER THAN ALL THAT - this was another cute romance by Kristan Higgins. Fluffy with just a little puff of steam, not in the least raunchy. I love how Grace calls Callahan "bub" - so cute. ( )
  ElleyOtter | Nov 28, 2017 |
I really enjoyed "Too Good to Be True" by Kristan Higgins. First and foremost, I am a HUGE Kristan Higgins fan, I haven't read anything of hers that I didn't finish with a smile on my face. I immediately start gushing to all my friends and everyone who will listen that they need to read this latest book of hers. Her writing style is fresh and engaging. The characters are well written and usually have you laughing and crying and cheering for them along the way. She is one of my favorite authors in the contemporary romance category and I urge everyone to read her books, you won't regret it. Each one is similar yet different and well worth the money spent.
Happy Reading...enjoy! ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
It had moments, some funny lines and a very sexy Scot. But to me it read like endless babble on little details and not enough on the couple. The father, the mother, the friends, the ex, the gay friend, the school, the sisters, and oh the dog was talked about endlessly. I couldn't enjoy the book with this constant chatter. I am not a romance reader, true but I am a reader and this book was just an uncomfortable read. IMHO ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I giggled, I swooned, I guffawed, I swooned, I giggled some more, I swooned, I got a little teary, and yes...dare I say it? I giggled and swooned some more. Kristan Higgins is easily my favorite mainstream romance author for all of the above reasons.

Note: To my Christian fiction followers - this is not Christian fiction. Read it accordingly. :) ( )
  MeezCarrie | Aug 31, 2015 |

How far would you go to get over a guy?

When Grace Emerson's ex-fiancé starts dating her younger sister, extreme measures are called for. To keep everyone from obsessing about her love life, Grace announces that she's seeing someone. Someone wonderful. Someone handsome. Someone completely made up. Who is this Mr. Right? Someone exactly unlike her renegade neighbor Callahan O'Shea. Well, someone with his looks, maybe. His hot body. His knife-sharp sense of humor. His smarts and big heart.

Whoa. No. Callahan O'Shea is not her perfect man! Not with his unsavory past. So why does Mr. Wrong feel so right?

"When Grace Emerson's ex-fiance starts dating her younger sister, extreme measures are called for. To keep everyone from obsessing about her love life, Grace announces that she's seeing someone. Someone wonderful. Someone handsome. Someone completely made up. Who is this Mr. Right? Someone, exactly unlike her renegade neighbor Callahan O'Shea. Well, someone with his looks maybe. His hot body. His knife-sharp sense of humor. His smarts and big heart. Whoa. No. Callahan O'Shea is not her perfect man! Not with his unsavory past. So why does Mr. Wrong feel so...right?"--p.[4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,390,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible