Marrying the Captain by Carla Kelly

Marrying the Captain

by Carla Kelly

Carla Kelly is one of my top three Regency romance authors. It is a thrill to have another 2 books by her! (The Surgeon's Lady is on hold for me right now!)
  MelissaZD | Jan 1, 2014 |
This was very nice, sweet could be use. The romance starts slowly and builds slowly. You are really hoping for these two. Still the life didn't appeal to me and so my enjoyment was hampered. A relationship where there are frequent separations is very trying. Throughout the book I was hoping that he would sell his commission. Of course neither of them ever thought that. A very nice distraction. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |
Amazon received,naval,non Ton
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Captain Oliver Worthy has been requested by Lord Ratliffe to check on his illegitimate daughter living in Plymouth. When Oliver locates Eleanor Massie, called Nana, she is living in poverty at her grandmother’s inn. Oliver stays at the inn while his ship is being repaired. Although Oliver is only land locked for a few weeks Oliver and Nana begin to care very much for each other. Neither want to fall in love, Oliver has sworn never to marry and risk leaving a widow and Nana’s mother was taken advantaged of by a Navy officer. The story is not terribly exciting but is a tender quiet love story between two average people who you are really happy see get together. Enjoyed tremendously. ( )
  mlorio | Dec 10, 2011 |
Nice. A very solid and well-thought-out setting, excellent characterization, nicely-done conflict. The sex scenes were scant and awkwardly-written - definite impression that an editor said 'But there have to be sex scenes in it!' 'pubic mound', indeed. Aside from that, well-written - she's living up to my expectations (from the short story of hers I read a little while ago). Hmm, I wonder if it's a series (or will be, this one is new). Her sisters could be two more stories... ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Jun 4, 2009 |
Said the sailor to his true love, "Well, I must be on my way,
For our topsails they are hoisted and the anchor's aweigh; And our good ship she lies waiting for the next flowing tide, And if ever I return again, I will make you my bride." - "Pleasant and delightful" English folksong
After five years in Plymouth following her 1803 expulsion from Miss Pym's Female Academy in Bath, it still burned Nana Massie to be an Object of Charity.

1st of the 3 sisters

Ever since her father tried to sell her as a mistress to the highest bidder, Eleanor Massie has chosen to live in poverty. Her world changes overnight when Captain Oliver Worthy shows up at her struggling inn. Despite herself, Nana is drawn to her handsome guest.... Oliver planned to stay in Plymouth only long enough to report back to Lord Ratliffe--about Nana. But he soon senses that Lord Ratliffe is up to something, and Oliver will do anything to keep this courageous, beautiful woman safe--even marry her!… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,373,940 books! | Top bar: Always visible