My Weird School #1: Miss Daisy Is Crazy! by…

My Weird School #1: Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Dan Gutman (Author), Jim Paillot (Illustrator)

Miss Daisy's unusual teaching methods surprise her second grade students, especially reluctant learner A.J.
Member:AmCorKragujevac
Title:My Weird School #1: Miss Daisy Is Crazy!
Authors:Dan Gutman (Author)
Other authors:Jim Paillot (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2004), 96 pages
Collections:Movies
Tags:R19

Miss Daisy Is Crazy! by Dan Gutman (2004)

Miss Daisy is trying to teach school but has a problem. She cannot do simple math! Will the group of second graders in her class learn anything this year?
  mcmlsbookbutler | Jul 15, 2019 |
This book shows how Miss Daisy, the second grade teacher, starts off the school year not knowing how to teach anything--math, reading, arithmetic, etc. There's a rumor around the school that there's a dungeon and the kids seek to find it to make their own arcade out of it. ( )
  lilyaustin | Apr 25, 2017 |
The chapter book "Miss Daisy is Crazy" was quite enjoyable to read. First, I thought the title itself and the illustration on the cover made the book look appealing so that is why I picked it up. (ex: the illustration shows Miss Daisy upside down and on the bottom of the cover page it says "my weird school"). Second, when AJ admits he doesn't' like school so does Miss daisy. I found this to be funny because everything AJ didn't like or understand, Miss Daisy felt the same way (ex: she rather sit home and eat bon-bons). Third, I thought it was funny that the teacher herself, Miss Daisy did not know how to add, subtract, multiple, or divide! (ex: every time she added pencils or subtracted them she just got the answer wrong!) "Miss Daisy is Crazy" is a text filled with humor about a teacher who knows nothing and does not know how to teach the children. The children decide to take a liking to school and read as much as they can so they can turn the school into an arcade for one night! The idea behind this text is for it to be a funny chapter book for children to read. Some children may be able to relate to this book in some ways as well. ( )
  CheyenneSnider | Dec 15, 2016 |
I finally read a My Weird School and I found it enjoyable. It's the story of AJ who hates school and a teacher who claims "she doesn't know anything." It's a fun read and perfect for those middle readers in like first or second grade.
  Gabrielle_Stoller | Nov 1, 2016 |
Miss Daisy is Crazy is a good example of a literary book, as the entirety of the book is fictional. Students will find the story relatable, from the reluctant learner to the known it all, these students can be found in schools of all kinds. Miss Daisy uses some unorthodox ways to teacher her students the content they need to learn. As her students begin to believe she can not read, write or do math, the students including the reluctant learner, work to teach her these fundamental subjects.
Media: Pencil ( )
  Lheatherly | Apr 4, 2016 |
To Emma
“My name is A.J. I like football and video games, and I hate school.”
Everybody laughed, even though I didn’t say anything funny.

“Something weird is going on. Miss Daisy, who teaches second grade, doesn’t know how to add or subtract. Not only that, she doesn’t know how to read or write either. She is the dumbest teacher in the history of the world!” says A.J. on the back cover.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,117,467 books! | Top bar: Always visible