Homeland: The Dark Elf Trilogy, Part 1…

Homeland: The Dark Elf Trilogy, Part 1 (Forgotten Realms: The Legend of… (original 1990; edition 2005)

by R. A. Salvatore (Author)

Member:Falcon124
Title:Homeland: The Dark Elf Trilogy, Part 1 (Forgotten Realms: The Legend of Drizzt, Book I) (Bk. 1)
Authors:R. A. Salvatore (Author)
Info:Wizards of the Coast (2005), Edition: Reprint, 384 pages

Homeland by R. A. Salvatore (1990)

Recently added byKryne, private library, grignoulet, CaribouKai, George_vH, JMRing, tims51688, LoZioSpino

English (38)  Finnish (3)  Spanish (1)  All languages (42)
Summery: This book is about how a growing noble house of drow with their ambition for power try to make their way up taking any means necessary. When a male drow is born the night of a raid against house Devir. Drittz Do'Urden is born to be sacrificed that night. He only lives when the youngest prince before Drittz kills his older brother making Drittz the 3rd prince and not legible to be sacrificed. AS the book continues we see Drittz grow up but unlike the other drow he has compassion for others and does not want to follow The Spider queen, their deity. In the end we see him not fall into the evil grasps of drow society but, see him escape outside their city of Menzoberranzan and into the underdark.

Opinion: This book is a great book. Its the first book of a long series and is a good read. I like the idea of a person grown up to only believe in one thing try to escape and find himself. It has good story arks that makes the book enjoyable. It also has great fight scenes and you can clearly imagine where they live. Over all this is a good read. ( )
  AbagailC.B3 | Jun 5, 2018 |
The fact I found it amusing is what kept me reading. Not snarky nor sarcastic but humorous with a tongue-in-cheek point of view. Lots of sex so beware if that offends. ( )
  Omegawega | Apr 1, 2018 |
This book was part of my NPR top 100 SFF books that I have been working on completing. I have had this book since 9/11/17. It is a fantasy novel,the first book in The Dark Elf Trilogy, a prequel to The Icewind Dale Trilogy. It follows the story of Drizzt Do'Urden from the time and circumstances of his birth and his upbringing amongst the drow (dark elves). Drizzt is a male child, not that valued in this world. Women holding the power. Drizzt is allowed to live by providence and becomes a warrior but he is a man with honor and principle. The book takes us through his birth, childhood and his training as a drow warrior. Drizzt exists in a culture that is evil which makes his life very difficult.

Legacy: I believe that this book has something to do with Dungeons and Dragons. A role playing came The stories are action packed, this being a background information book is probably not the best. The stories lack a bit in character development. They are readable. Achievement; made it to the NPR 100 list (the whole series made it, not this particular book). Style is nothing special, Sex, language, handled decently and no obvious PC in fact the book has been accused of being misogynist probably because the women (compared to spiders) are not very fond of men. ( )
  Kristelh | Jan 29, 2018 |
An enjoyable and page-turning fantasy romp. ( )
  brakketh | Jan 6, 2018 |
A little bit slow, especially in the first half. Keeping the setting fixed makes the novel heavier than it should be, some more variety would have been welcome. The initial characterization of the character is somehow confusing at first. But while the plot moves toward the end all these aspects improve, and the end is way more engaging than the rest. A hope for the following ones. ( )
  Mlvtrglvn | Jan 5, 2018 |

R. A. Salvatoreprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lockwood, ToddCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my best friend, my brother, Gary.
Never does a star grace this land with a poet's light of twinkling mysteries, nor does the sun send to here its rays of warmth and life.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0786939532, Mass Market Paperback)

The paperback edition of the first book in Salvatore’s classic dark elf tales.

This is the paperback version of the stunning new release of the classic R.A. Salvatore novel that begins the tale of his signature dark elf character, Drizzt Do-Urden™.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:59 -0400)

Drizzt Do'Urden, the honorable prince of a royal house in Menzoberranzan, must choose whether or not he can continue to live in his immoral homeland.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,906,973 books! | Top bar: Always visible