Homeland: The Dark Elf Trilogy, Part 1…

Homeland: The Dark Elf Trilogy, Part 1 (Forgotten Realms: The Legend of… (original 1990; edition 2005)

by R. A. Salvatore (Author)

Title:Homeland: The Dark Elf Trilogy, Part 1 (Forgotten Realms: The Legend of Drizzt, Book I) (Bk. 1)
Authors:R. A. Salvatore (Author)
Info:Wizards of the Coast (2005), Edition: Reprint, 384 pages

Homeland by R. A. Salvatore (1990)

English (37)  Finnish (3)  Spanish (1)  All (41)
This book was part of my NPR top 100 SFF books that I have been working on completing. I have had this book since 9/11/17. It is a fantasy novel,the first book in The Dark Elf Trilogy, a prequel to The Icewind Dale Trilogy. It follows the story of Drizzt Do'Urden from the time and circumstances of his birth and his upbringing amongst the drow (dark elves). Drizzt is a male child, not that valued in this world. Women holding the power. Drizzt is allowed to live by providence and becomes a warrior but he is a man with honor and principle. The book takes us through his birth, childhood and his training as a drow warrior. Drizzt exists in a culture that is evil which makes his life very difficult.

Legacy: I believe that this book has something to do with Dungeons and Dragons. A role playing came The stories are action packed, this being a background information book is probably not the best. The stories lack a bit in character development. They are readable. Achievement; made it to the NPR 100 list (the whole series made it, not this particular book). Style is nothing special, Sex, language, handled decently and no obvious PC in fact the book has been accused of being misogynist probably because the women (compared to spiders) are not very fond of men. ( )
  Kristelh | Jan 29, 2018 |
An enjoyable and page-turning fantasy romp. ( )
  brakketh | Jan 6, 2018 |
A little bit slow, especially in the first half. Keeping the setting fixed makes the novel heavier than it should be, some more variety would have been welcome. The initial characterization of the character is somehow confusing at first. But while the plot moves toward the end all these aspects improve, and the end is way more engaging than the rest. A hope for the following ones. ( )
  Mlvtrglvn | Jan 5, 2018 |
My first impressions of the book were not that it seemed a bit generic and that the plot moved too quickly (light on detail and description with large skips in time). However, I quickly accepted these after I came to understand that this is NOT the first book published, just the first book chronologically. This novel is intended as a 'ground zero' in the tale of Drizzt. And, if you can fully understand and accept that, the book is quite nice. However, if you are looking to be immediately sucked in and made a die-hard after this reading this solitary story, then, you are going to be out of luck. ( )
  Joseph_Scifres | Sep 20, 2017 |
Excelente novela. Había leído hace un tiempo atrás parte de la trilogía El Valle del Viento Helado (The Icewind Dale Trilogy) y me había gustado. Encontré este libro que cuenta los comienzos de la historia de Drizzt Do'Urden y me fascinó. Excelente novela llena de aventura y fácil de leer. ( )
  s3phiroth2006 | Sep 11, 2017 |

R. A. Salvatoreprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lockwood, ToddCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my best friend, my brother, Gary.
Never does a star grace this land with a poet's light of twinkling mysteries, nor does the sun send to here its rays of warmth and life.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0786939532, Mass Market Paperback)

The paperback edition of the first book in Salvatore’s classic dark elf tales.

This is the paperback version of the stunning new release of the classic R.A. Salvatore novel that begins the tale of his signature dark elf character, Drizzt Do-Urden™.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:59 -0400)

Drizzt Do'Urden, the honorable prince of a royal house in Menzoberranzan, must choose whether or not he can continue to live in his immoral homeland.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,763,941 books! | Top bar: Always visible