Fame, Glory, and Other Things on My To Do…

Fame, Glory, and Other Things on My To Do List

by Janette Rallison

I didn't like the first half of the book because the main character is so unlikable. But I'm glad I kept reading because the last half had me laughing out loud. ( )
  wrightja2000 | Sep 6, 2018 |
This book went between "fun" and frustrating to me. Now I realize it was published in 2005, so some of the stuff that's just not cool now (like calling the boy character "exotic" because he had some Native American blood) was probably more acceptable, though not less wrong. ( )
  lilrongal | Nov 20, 2017 |
The book "Fame, Glory, and other things on my to do list" was a great book. I can relate to the main character Jessica, because she dreams about being a actress and I want to be one too. She also meets a famous actor's son, which is what I want too. I actually wanted to meet an famous actor's brother, which would be really cool. This reminds me of a drama I watched in China. The drama was about a girl named Cyndi, who accidently meets and mega-popstar Nicolas. They had a couple of problems so they came to an agreement that Cyndi pretends to be Nicolas's fiancee to stop rumors in the media. At first they hated each other, only talking in front of the media. But later, they started to like each other but each time, Cyndi gets hurt emotionally and physically. (Like heartbreaks and being knocked unconscious by a pole.) This drama is similar to the story. Both Cyndi and Jessica meet and famous celebrities (Nicolas and Jordan) and they both hated each other at first. But then they fall in love and would do crazy things for each other. (Ruin a play or throw away their entire career.) I love both endings, for the book and for the drama. They have happy endings with alot of twists in the middle. I like this book, but in a few middle chapters, you get sort of bored. I really love the ending, because it has a good ending for everyone, the endings you want them to have. This was an really good book for grade 6 students and middle schoolers because the story is something that interests them. ( )
  skyandstars | Nov 17, 2010 |
I actually really enjoyed this book. I though our main charactor had a good voice ( and was pretty funny), and her evolving relationship with Jordan was fun to see. Id say this is a really fun book for teen girls. ( )
  IzzyInTheAlley | Apr 5, 2008 |

PC school principal turns West Side Story into a comedy of errors.

Sixteen year-old Jessica dreams of Hollywood fame, and when Jordan moves into her small town, she dreams of him too. He's a movie star's son, and hey, he's gorgeous to boot. Jordan has always wanted to get out from the shadow cast by his superstar father, but now that he and his mother have moved so far away from LA, how can he get his divorced parents back together? Jessica convinces Jordan the way to get his father to come for a long visit is to be a part of the school play. And if she's "discovered" in the process, all the better. Things go wrong when she lets Jordan's secret identity slip, and grow even more disastrous when the principal tries to change West Side Story into a gangfree, violence-free, politically correct production.

In the same romantic and sharply witty spirit of Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Free Throws, Janette Rallison delivers another comic gem that teen readers are sure to love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:15 -0400)

High school junior Jessica uses the arrival of a new boy to further her schemes of winning her ex-boyfriend back and becoming the next big Hollywood movie star.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,599,630 books! | Top bar: Always visible