Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4) by…

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4) (edition 2010)

by Richelle Mead

2,504None2,413 (4.29)64
Member:minji981023
Title:Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4)
Authors:Richelle Mead
Info:Razorbill (2010), Paperback, 512 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Vampire Academy Series

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (Katymelrose)
    Katymelrose: Both of these books are emotional turning points in their respective series...which happen to be about teenagers and vampires.

English (120)  Piratical (1)  German (1)  All languages (122)
Who knew that Shadow Kiss, the third Vampire Academy novel, was going to be the zenith of this series? I know there are two more novels to go but I am done. Blood Promise broke me. It was that terrible. I nearly stopped reading it so many times. I can't go on with my sanity in check if I continued.

Blood Promise tells Rose's excruciating boring story in Russia. She uses her bond with Lissa to show the latter's equally boring story at St. Vladimir's. Rose has always been very arrogant but strong. In this novel, she was so arrogant, whiny, needy, and weak. She was killing me with excessive flashbacks to life with Dimitri. They were so boring. Lissa's story also served no purpose except to show that Lissa cannot survive without Rose watching her back because nobody could see that she was blantanly acting different.

How is it possible for Dimitri to still be as boring as watching paint dry when he is a Strigoi? How? How did he not develop a personality?

Another thing, if Victor knew about another spirit user, why not go to him than come up with such an elaborate plot during the first Vampire Academy novel? Maybe that'll be answered in Spirit Bound but I won't be reading that. ( )
  Y2Ash | Apr 16, 2014 |
This one kind of drug in parts but I wouldn't let it keep you from the rest of the series. ( )
  Kanic | Apr 9, 2014 |
Blood Promise was just as great as the previous books. I had to admire Rose's resolve to travel to another country to find Dimitri and free him from his current state; you can tell that she battled with it and it was the hardest thing she's ever had to do. I'm glad for Rose and Lissa's bond, since we were able to visit Lissa and see what kinds of troubles she was dealing with in Rose's absence. I loved the new characters in this story, including Dimitri's family, Sydney, Avery, and of course Abe. As always, we learned some new and potentially great things regarding spirit, and it sounds like Rose is looking to put them to use on Dimitri in the next book.
  NicoleGorr | Mar 25, 2014 |
Jeez, I was a mess all through the second half of this book, but the ending made me smile. Excited to start the next book! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
Still reeling over Dimitri's awakening as a Stigoi, Rose sets off to Russia to find and kill her love, Dimitri. Torn between her bond with Lissa and knowing that the Dimitri Rose knows would never want to live the life of a Striloi, she hunts hi. Down to kill him. She finds him and is held captive by him for weeks until she finally manages to escape. ( )
  creighley | Feb 18, 2014 |
I have to say that the book was amazing and that i read many reviews and opions for the book online and that many people felt that it left them wanting more. and not only that their left with so many questions and we all know they will be answered in the next book.

In memory of my grandmother, a feisty southern lady and the best cook I've ever known.
Once when I was in ninth grade, I had to write a paper on a poem.

Rose finds Dimitri and he holds her captive she can not detrmien weither or not he loves her the when thinks she has killed him and returns to school he finds a note on her bed from him along with the stake that she used

Just days before graduating from St. Vladimir's Academy, guardian-in-training Rose travels to Siberia to drive a stake into the heart of the boy she loves, the monstrous vampire Dimitri.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Two editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 1921518294, 1921518898

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,495,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible