Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4) by…

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4) (edition 2010)

by Richelle Mead

Title:Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4)
Authors:Richelle Mead
Info:Razorbill (2010), Paperback, 512 pages
Tags:Vampire Academy Series

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (Katymelrose)
    Katymelrose: Both of these books are emotional turning points in their respective series...which happen to be about teenagers and vampires.

English (130)  Piratical (1)  German (1)  All languages (132)
Started November 21st, 2013.
As usual in this series a very good and gripping read.
Choices made lead Rose to an interesting path in Russia. And not everything is under her control.
She learns a few new things about the powers of Lissa and also has an unexpected encounter with a shady guy who helps her for reasons that become only clear near the end.
Her journey which began with the ending of [b:Shadow Kiss|2802316|Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)|Richelle Mead|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1361099049s/2802316.jpg|6651006] is difficult and does not entirely go the way she wants.
The action is top-notch and feels very real.
This is also a story about self-discovery and about how choices can influence everyone around you even if that is not obvious at first.
And how you can be let wayward by things and other persons you did not foresee when making that choices.
Not having read all books in the series, I think this may be the best one, but all so far have been worth reading and are a good cut above a lot of the other YA-books I read so far. As a female hero, Rose is one of my favorite characters.
Here's hoping the film and possible sequels will do this justice.
Highly recommended, page-turner in the second half. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
I love this one. SOOOOO GOOD!! I can't wait to read the rest of them :) ( )
  ebethiepaige | Oct 20, 2015 |
I love this one. SOOOOO GOOD!! I can't wait to read the rest of them :) ( )
  ebethiepaige | Oct 17, 2015 |
(WARNING! Review will contain spoilers! Read at your own peril!)

Holy. Freakin. Cow.

When I got this one from the library (after missing my hold on it at least four times... grr) i have to say i nearly drooled while reading the inside flap. I mean, seriously.

This is, by far, not only the best book in this series yet, it's also probably the best vampire book i've ever read.

Honestly? It's that good.

Now, understand that i have this major soft spot for the scenario that is set up in this book (close friends of mine will know why... ;) i absolutely love when this kind of situation happens. And what is this wonderful scenario?

Well. Rose falls in love with Dimitri - her mentor and tutor - very early on in the series. And after all the angsty emotional forbidden romancing that goes on, they finally pretty much accept the fact that they're in love.

Then Dimitri gets turned Strigoi - the evil soulless race of vampire.

*cue sad weeping.*

I lovvvveeeee it. (I'm a twisted thing, i know.) I love when one person in the relationship go evil. It makes me so happy. I love the dialogue and feelings that spring from that happening. I love that. And i'm aware that it's a little strange. What can i say? i love romance that is doomed to fail.

In this book, Rose drops out of the Academy to do the one thing she promised Dimitri, and that is if one of them was turned Strigoi, then the other had to kill them.

Sucks, doesn't it?

But, of course, what happens when she finds him? Strigoi and all, and he doesn't want to be saved?

*I'm giggling like a schoolgirl right now. i just love it*

On the home front, Lissa is slowly spiraling into depression after Rose abandons her, and the new girl, Avery... well... she isn't helping.

There's the story, in a nutshell. And i have to say, this is my favourite Vampire Academy book yet (it also pushed the series into my #1 favourite vampire series) New elements were brought into the book, adding to already stand-out-ness, like Alchemists (the cleanup crew for the dhampirs & moroi), and a whole crew of Russian characters.

I just love how emotionally charged these books are, especially this one. See, with me, i like a happy ending and all... but i prefer it if everything goes to hell a few times before we get there. And everything has gone to hell multiple times so i'm totally cool with whatever comes in the next book.

Speaking of... i can't WAIT for Spiritbound because, honestly? I felt the need to throw my book across the wall at the end of this one. I won't tell you why, of course, but the cliffhanger is MADDENING!!!!

This was just epic. Plain and simple. i LOVED it. I can't wait for the next installment... even though i never want them to end ^_^ They're just the best things that have happened to YA vampire books. (not to say they're not without their faults. They are. Sometimes i feel like i'm reading a Gossip Girl instead of an urban fantasy. But, then again, a lot of times that works for these books.)

There were some iffy spots for me (like the time jump? so was she with Dimitri a day? Because it was only a day on Lissa's side... and that seemed just weird...) but, frankly, it was fantastic. Simply fantastic. i can't wait to read the next!! ( )
  glitzandshadows | Oct 12, 2015 |
All I have to say for this series is that I'm very, very glad that all of the books are out. I don't think I could be patient with these ones (though I guess I wouldn't have had a choice XD). Another awesome book in an awesome series. I can't wait to dive into the next one! ( )
  RCW | Apr 8, 2015 |
I have to say that the book was amazing and that i read many reviews and opions for the book online and that many people felt that it left them wanting more. and not only that their left with so many questions and we all know they will be answered in the next book.
In memory of my grandmother, a feisty southern lady and the best cook I've ever known.
Once when I was in ninth grade, I had to write a paper on a poem.

Rose finds Dimitri and he holds her captive she can not detrmien weither or not he loves her the when thinks she has killed him and returns to school he finds a note on her bed from him along with the stake that she used

Just days before graduating from St. Vladimir's Academy, guardian-in-training Rose travels to Siberia to drive a stake into the heart of the boy she loves, the monstrous vampire Dimitri.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 1921518294, 1921518898

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,866,469 books! | Top bar: Always visible