Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4) by…

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4) (edition 2010)

by Richelle Mead

Member:BurgandyIce
Title:Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4)
Authors:Richelle Mead
Info:Razorbill (2010), Paperback, 512 pages

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (Katymelrose)
    Katymelrose: Both of these books are emotional turning points in their respective series...which happen to be about teenagers and vampires.

English (124)  Piratical (1)  German (1)  All languages (126)
I was going to give this book 4 stars until I got to the end. It's a bit heavy on the romantic teenage angst, but since the main character is a teenager in love, that's understandable. I thought the author managed to toe the line pretty well.

She also managed to intertwine story lines in a perfect way, through the bond. We learn more about the spirit in some interesting ways & work into a wonderful conclusion.

Then she wraps up the book & pulls a couple of rabbits out of the hat. One I didn't mind - no, I actually liked it. There was just enough foreshadowing that I wasn't really surprised, only pleased on several levels. The other... well, I might not read the next book. Probably won't unless my daughter insists on getting it. I just finished reaming Jim Butcher for not letting characters die that should have stayed dead. I was congratulating Mead for actually killing a major character while there was a thread of hope left that the character could have been salvaged. Now we'd never know, right? Unfortunately not. So, Mead, grow a pair, would you? (What is it with all the sweetness & light in action vampire novels lately?) The next book promises to take the low road. Darn. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
I have one word for it,'boring'.My patience is running out for this series.I picked up this series with high expectation.Almost everyone loved this series.Just look at the ratings!But unfortunately,they failed to impress me so far and I am not holding my breath for the last two.

Ok,let get to the disappointment from this one.It was outright boring.Rose's wondering about in search of Dimitri was boring.Rose's visiting time in Dimitri's house was,well boring.I mean why should I care about the lifestyle of Dimitri's sisters?Particularly when they were not gonna play any bigger role in the main story!
Richelle Mead mentioned some incidents with Dimitri and Rose as past reference which never happened in the previous books.She just said those things happened before,which is not cool.Nothing interesting happened in the most of the books.Only after Dimitri captured Rose,things got a bit interesting.

Lissa's story didn't work either.How was it possible that Rose visited Lissa in her head,left at some point and second time picked up their story from exactly where she left!!And sometimes while visiting,Rose could't only see the present but the past incidents too!Richelle Mead never mentioned before that Rose could do that.Avery's story didn't sound convincing to me either.It was just forced in the book.And what was the point of this book anyway?After so many pages,what did Rose actually achieve?Nothing.Dimitri is still very much strigoi and alive.The main storyline didn't move an inch.Clearly it was a filler book.I hate it when authors do that.Hopefully the last two are less boring than this one. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
I'm just gonna say it. That ending was so totally Joss Whedon-inspired!! Now I really can't wait for the next book. Thanks a lot, Richelle. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
Good, really good, don't really like the parts where she links back to Lissa, since I'm really interested in her little Russian adventure, and lets just say, that is one hell of a journey in itself. ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |
Who knew that Shadow Kiss, the third Vampire Academy novel, was going to be the zenith of this series? I know there are two more novels to go but I am done. Blood Promise broke me. It was that terrible. I nearly stopped reading it so many times. I can't go on with my sanity in check if I continued.

Blood Promise tells Rose's excruciating boring story in Russia. She uses her bond with Lissa to show the latter's equally boring story at St. Vladimir's. Rose has always been very arrogant but strong. In this novel, she was so arrogant, whiny, needy, and weak. She was killing me with excessive flashbacks to life with Dimitri. They were so boring. Lissa's story also served no purpose except to show that Lissa cannot survive without Rose watching her back because nobody could see that she was blantanly acting different.

How is it possible for Dimitri to still be as boring as watching paint dry when he is a Strigoi? How? How did he not develop a personality?

Another thing, if Victor knew about another spirit user, why not go to him than come up with such an elaborate plot during the first Vampire Academy novel? Maybe that'll be answered in Spirit Bound but I won't be reading that. ( )
  Y2Ash | Apr 16, 2014 |
I have to say that the book was amazing and that i read many reviews and opions for the book online and that many people felt that it left them wanting more. and not only that their left with so many questions and we all know they will be answered in the next book.

In memory of my grandmother, a feisty southern lady and the best cook I've ever known.
Once when I was in ninth grade, I had to write a paper on a poem.

Rose finds Dimitri and he holds her captive she can not detrmien weither or not he loves her the when thinks she has killed him and returns to school he finds a note on her bed from him along with the stake that she used

Just days before graduating from St. Vladimir's Academy, guardian-in-training Rose travels to Siberia to drive a stake into the heart of the boy she loves, the monstrous vampire Dimitri.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Two editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 1921518294, 1921518898

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,328,389 books! | Top bar: Always visible