The Body Farm by Patricia Cornwell

The Body Farm (original 1994; edition 2000)

by Patricia Cornwell

Title:The Body Farm
Authors:Patricia Cornwell
Info:Time Warner Paperbacks (2000), Edition: New Ed, Paperback, 387 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Audios, Read & released (inactive)
Tags:audiobook, crime, fiction, murder, R05, released, forensics, kay scarpetta

Body Farm, The by Patricia Cornwell (1994)

English (36)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (2)  French (1)  All languages (41)
I must admit, it is rather hard to write this review without spoiling anything.
So, spoilers it is. I will mark the entire review as spoiler, so you know what you get when reading this.
Also I skimmed a few of the bad reviews (1-2 star) and I agree, this is so far the worst in the series.

That Mark is missing is ok with me, never liked him anyway. But Kay thinks still too much about him, could have done without that.
Lucy was so far my favorite character, but in this book she is suddenly, without further warning, an alcoholic.
What is worse, and I thought I missed an entire story there, but the skimmed reviews said the same: there is no evidence in the book for that.
Only Kay says it is so. Not very well written and totally unbelievable.
That she is also supposed to be gay, ok, could be experimenting, also not very well written.
Kay hm, too vigilante and dangerous ending, also with Lucy not very satisfying, too neat.

And not very much about the Body Farm, despite the title-giving place.

As I read the first 5 ebooks in this series back2back, I will take a break now.
Still, 3 stars, but also: not recommended and I am not too sure I will read more of the series. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
I was a good read . I couldn't pot it down . Done in 3 days She is a great author AND I HAVE ENJOYED ALL THAT I HAVE READ. ( )
  cacacacatm | Dec 28, 2013 |
  aletheia21 | Oct 13, 2013 |
Excellent as always. I love this author and thoroughly enjoy every book I have read by her. ( )
  LorettaR | Aug 22, 2013 |
  cmakny | Aug 14, 2013 |
They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep. Psalm 107:23-24
To Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah for his tireless fight against crime.
On the sixteenth of October, shadowy deer crept to the edge of dark woods beyond my window as the sun peeked over the cover of night.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0425201449, Mass Market Paperback)

New York Times bestselling author Patricia Cornwell brings back Kay Scarpetta, consulting forensic pathologist for the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit, in her grittiest and most compelling novel. In rural North Carolina, the brutal murder of eleven-year-old Emily Steiner has shaken a small town. But more disturbing are the details of the crimes, chillingly reminiscent of the handiwork of a serial killer who has eluded the unit for years. Into this volatile atmosphere comes Scarpetta's ingenious, rebellious niece Lucy, an FBI intern with a promising future in Quantico's computer engineering facility--until she is accused of a shocking security violation. While coming to terms with Lucy, Kay must conduct a grisly forensic investigation at a clandestine research facility in Tennessee known as the Body Farm. There she will find more answers to Emily Steiner's murder--and evidence that paints a picture of a crime more horrifying than she imagined . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:44 -0400)

Dr. Kay Scarpetta travels to North Carolina to investigate the murder of an eleven-year-old girl, but the evidence does not add up, and she must conduct a gruesome experiment at a remote research facility to find the answers, in a new edition of the classic thriller, complete with a new introduction by the author.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,956,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible