Devoured by Amanda Marrone

Devoured (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Amanda Marrone

2051357,211 (3.41)4
Member:readingdate
Title:Devoured
Authors:Amanda Marrone
Info:Simon Pulse (2009), Edition: Original, Paperback, 304 pages
Tags:to-read

Devoured by Amanda Marrone (2009)

English (12)  Italian (1)  All languages (13)
I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to start reading this book and it's a good thing I couldn't sleep because I didn't want to put it down. This book is actually a modern day continuation of the Snow White tale that takes place many generations after the original, which I never would have figured out based on the description, although after the fact I do see some hints on the cover.

Megan has had a difficult life, when she was 8 she was in a car accident with her twin sister Remy and her father. Remy died and her father is in a coma and ten years later Megan is still seeing Remy's ghost, and lately she's getting more and more violent and Remy's visits are getting harder and harder to stop. To add to Megan's issues she also gets a job at The Land of Enchantment, a local fairy tale themed amusement park to keep an eye on her boyfriend Ryan and his best friend (who has professed her undying love to him) Sammy. Megan's first day at the park she meets Luke, who can also see Remy and hopefully help Megan help Remy to move on.

There is a lot going on in this book and the frenetic pace can make it difficult to keep up at times (especially at the end) but it is well worth the read. I kept reading because I wanted to know what happened next. I really liked how the author wove the different elements of Snow White into the story. The description of the book sounds so much like a paranormal romance love triangle type thing, but really it's more of a murder mystery and I think that is what really keeps the plot going. Now I'm kind of torn because I want to go further into why I like the book but I don't want to give anything away. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
this book is about how Megan’s twin sister Remy died in an accident nine years ago, Remy been haunting her for 9 years. Megan kept this to herself even though she is scared, the reason she kept it to herself is because her own mother doesn’t believe her she thinks it is her fault that her sister is dead. Everything was change when she gets a new summer job at Land of Enchantment to keep an eye on her new boyfriend. Megan always come her with her sister when she was little. While she was working at Land of Enchantment, she meat Luke, the guy who can see REMY (her dead sister). Megan was really happy to find someone who can see Remy. Megan mad a new friend named Ari. Ari was kind and she had a crash on Luke. But everything got twisted around when Megan starts to fall in love with Luke. Megan keeps having a vision that isn’t making any sense to her! So Luke and she went in these great avengers. But Ari was really joules!! What is Ari going to do next????
  swonnacott | Nov 3, 2011 |
it is a fact that amanda morrone never dissapoints. I have read all her books and have thought of them as some what interesting, diffrent than all the other boring books ive read, and exciting. Devoured was a great book that i found pleasure in reading. It was quite the transitiion writing this book since amandas books usually had to to vampires and witches. I liked this book becuz not only did it have a lot of imagination in it but yet it also had a fairy tale twist in it. Ive never read a book that was completely hooked and based on another story. Twisiting it with the story snow white rather intruiged me. This book was a good quick read that was entertaining yet not life changing. another thing that i loved was the cover. The best ive seen yet! not only can i put a face to the character but they picked a very good person to take the part. Wen i was reading this book the person on the cover deffinatly seemed and looked like the character i was reading...This was a very good book that got better reviews later than i expected and as long as amanda keeps writing i'll keep reading. :D
added by hannahbanana16 | editlos angeles times, hannahs

Ever since the car accident nine years ago, life for 16-year-old Megan has never been the same. Her father lies in a coma at the nursing home; her twin sister, Remy, who died in the accident, continues to haunt her; and her mom only seems to care about winning dog competitions with their purebred Fergus. Events become even more complicated when Megan decides to take a job working at the Land of Enchantment in order to keep an eye on her boyfriend, Ryan, and his "best friend," Samantha. There she meets Luke, who is psychic and, to Megan's relief, can also see and communicate with Remy. Megan is concerned because Remy's behavior is becoming violent. The natural attraction between Megan and Luke quickly becomes a problem for Ari Roy, whose family owns the Land of Enchantment. Ari feels that Luke is hers, and she will stop at nothing to get what she wants. Devoured is a murder mystery and a ghost story with a modern-day "Snow White" twist. The plot is fast-paced and full of suspense, gripping readers right from the start. Megan and Luke are well developed, but the ending, in which everything happens too quickly, can be a bit confusing. Still, the book will be devoured by fans of the supernatural.—

Rising high school senior Megan has been haunted by her twin for ten years, but now Remy is trying to warn her about terrible danger surrounding Megan's summer job at an amusement park called the Land of Enchantment.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,513,969 books! | Top bar: Always visible