The Immortal Hunter: A Rogue Hunter Novel…

The Immortal Hunter: A Rogue Hunter Novel (Argeneau Vampire) (edition 2009)

by Lynsay Sands (Author)

Member:Karenlynnlindsey
Title:The Immortal Hunter: A Rogue Hunter Novel (Argeneau Vampire)
Authors:Lynsay Sands (Author)
Info:Avon (2009), Edition: Original, 368 pages

The Immortal Hunter by Lynsay Sands

English (7)  Czech (1)  All languages (8)
Decker comes across Danielle when hunting rogue Nicholas, who was hunting some nasty rogues who had kidnapped her and her sister. I read this previously but that was before I took notes or rated books. This time I listened to the audio version narrated by Victoria McGee. I didn't really care for the narrator.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
This series used to be so much better. When it was the Argeneau series instead of the Hunter series. These last two outings have been pretty lame. This one in particular left a lot of things hanging out there. Teasing you that they'll get wrapped in the next book. I'll read the next one, but thankfully these have been library reads, not ones that I've spend money on or I would have stopped at the previous book. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
It doesn't do to read these too close together, they start to blur into a very similar story but somehow Lynsay Sands manages to make them fun and interesting, at least for me, I have reservations about the Mate issue but overall it's entertaining. A light read with fun characters.

Dr Danielle McGill thought she was having a fun ride with her sister until they get kidnapped but when she's rescued by Decker Argeneau she starts to have more questions, why doe he heal so fast and why does she keep having blackouts.

Overall it's a fun read with interesting characters and I enjoyed the ride. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jan 11, 2016 |
Decker Argeneau is finally getting his long awaited vacation. Before Decker can settle in however he is called in to put a stop to a crew of really violent rogues. The chase becomes intensified when Decker learns that his cousin and Rogue Nicholas is also hunting the murderous crew. Determined to save the latest victims Decker dives in head first only to be shot for his troubles, trying to save Dr. Danielle McGill. Decker quickly learns that the best laid plans go astray when the leader of the rogues manages to escape and kidnaps a young woman to torture for later. Unfortunately the kidnapped young woman turns out to be the sister of Danielle, Decker's lifemate.

The Immortal Hunter is in part a continuation of Rogue Hunter. It's been about two weeks since Sam and Mortimer have declared eternal love for each other and worked out a way to live together. Decker and Danielle's relationship takes the same predictable turn that Sam and Mortimer's did with the exception being a misunderstanding which has to be solved. Due to Lynsay's typical woo woo justification, Decker is immediately in love the moment he realises that he cannot read Danielle. Danielle questions her own feelings for Decker however and reasonably considers that she might be in lust but of course, this quickly (and by quickly I mean 2 days), becomes love.

We are told how much Danielle loves her sister and her desperation to find her; however, she spends quite a bit of time fixated on Decker. Yes, the lifemate thing is used to justify this but it makes Danielle a very unlikable character. To be having sex for hours on end when she knows that her sister could be being bled dry, physically assaulted and potentially raped, does not speak well of her. The happy ending with the sisters being reunited doesn't fix that.

The Immortal Hunter introduces us to two different kinds of vampires: Edentate and No-Fanger. I found myself asking why Sands is just getting around to this in book eleven? It makes no sense given how often she has described the nanos and life in Atlantis. It reads as a cheap gimmick with no forethought. Endentate's and No Fanger have no fangs and in the case of No Fanger, they are mentally disabled. Have you guessed the problem yet? No Fangers are not only mentally disabled they are absolutely homicidal and incredibly violent. This makes the first introduction of a marginalized character in this series incredibly problematic to say the least. Can we just do away with the violent neurologically atypical character please? It flies in the face of the reality of those with mental disabilities.

Once again, we have another book in this series which has no LGBT characters but decides to invoke them using a reference.

Read More ( )
  FangsfortheFantasy | May 20, 2015 |
I liked this but was just a little on the fence for 4 stars. I didn't mind the no fangers, they were in "A Bite to Remember" I think? but I thought the escape was just a little too much. Still I liked it over all. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |
"What's taking so long?"
„Wieso dauert das denn so lange?“

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061474304, Mass Market Paperback)

Except now Decker's talking about life mates and awakening a passion that's taking Dani beyond anything she's ever known. Being undead may not be half-bad...especially if it means spending forever with a man who would love her with his mind, body, and immortal soul.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:14 -0400)

Even vampires need a vacation. But Decker Argeneau's ends abruptly when he's asked to help hunt the group of rogue vampires targeting mortals -- one that might include a defector in his own family. Before he can worry about that, though, he's got to rescue the latest victim. It's all part of the job, including taking a bullet for a beautiful doctor. Dr. Danielle McGill doesn't know if she can trust the man who just saved her life. There are too many questions, such as what is the secret organization he says he's part of, and why do his wounds hardly bleed? However, with her sister in the hands of some dangerous men, she doesn't have much choice but to trust him. Except now Decker's talking about life mates and awakening a passion that's taking Dani beyond anything she's ever known. Being undead may not be half-bad ..... especially if it means spending forever with a man who would love her with his mind, body, and immortal soul .....… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,300,608 books! | Top bar: Always visible