The Immortal Hunter: A Rogue Hunter Novel…

The Immortal Hunter: A Rogue Hunter Novel (Argeneau Vampires) (edition 2009)

by Lynsay Sands

Member:sidhevicious
Title:The Immortal Hunter: A Rogue Hunter Novel (Argeneau Vampires)
Authors:Lynsay Sands
Info:Avon (2009), Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR, Paranormal Romance, Vampire

The Immortal Hunter by Lynsay Sands

Decker Argeneau is finally getting his long awaited vacation. Before Decker can settle in however he is called in to put a stop to a crew of really violent rogues. The chase becomes intensified when Decker learns that his cousin and Rogue Nicholas is also hunting the murderous crew. Determined to save the latest victims Decker dives in head first only to be shot for his troubles, trying to save Dr. Danielle McGill. Decker quickly learns that the best laid plans go astray when the leader of the rogues manages to escape and kidnaps a young woman to torture for later. Unfortunately the kidnapped young woman turns out to be the sister of Danielle, Decker's lifemate.

The Immortal Hunter is in part a continuation of Rogue Hunter. It's been about two weeks since Sam and Mortimer have declared eternal love for each other and worked out a way to live together. Decker and Danielle's relationship takes the same predictable turn that Sam and Mortimer's did with the exception being a misunderstanding which has to be solved. Due to Lynsay's typical woo woo justification, Decker is immediately in love the moment he realises that he cannot read Danielle. Danielle questions her own feelings for Decker however and reasonably considers that she might be in lust but of course, this quickly (and by quickly I mean 2 days), becomes love.

We are told how much Danielle loves her sister and her desperation to find her; however, she spends quite a bit of time fixated on Decker. Yes, the lifemate thing is used to justify this but it makes Danielle a very unlikable character. To be having sex for hours on end when she knows that her sister could be being bled dry, physically assaulted and potentially raped, does not speak well of her. The happy ending with the sisters being reunited doesn't fix that.

The Immortal Hunter introduces us to two different kinds of vampires: Edentate and No-Fanger. I found myself asking why Sands is just getting around to this in book eleven? It makes no sense given how often she has described the nanos and life in Atlantis. It reads as a cheap gimmick with no forethought. Endentate's and No Fanger have no fangs and in the case of No Fanger, they are mentally disabled. Have you guessed the problem yet? No Fangers are not only mentally disabled they are absolutely homicidal and incredibly violent. This makes the first introduction of a marginalized character in this series incredibly problematic to say the least. Can we just do away with the violent neurologically atypical character please? It flies in the face of the reality of those with mental disabilities.

Once again, we have another book in this series which has no LGBT characters but decides to invoke them using a reference.

Read More ( )
  FangsfortheFantasy | May 20, 2015 |
I liked this but was just a little on the fence for 4 stars. I didn't mind the no fangers, they were in "A Bite to Remember" I think? but I thought the escape was just a little too much. Still I liked it over all. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |
After going hunting in search of a rogue vampire, who is also his cousin, Nicholas, one who has been on the run for over fifty years. Now they are following his very obvious trail, which leaves Decker worried. But then when they catch up to him, they join him in hunting down six dangerous vampires who have captured two innocent women, sisters. But after they take down five of them, one of them escapes with the youngest girl, and the one left behind with her rescuers are Decker and Justin. Nicholas is out of their range once more. But their attention is focused on Dani who is desperate to find her sister, and she turns out to be Decker's lifemate. Decker is stunned at first, and finds this revelation to be unexpected, but he knows he has to earn her trust, however he keeps lying to her, which prevents her from trusting him and intent on finding her sister. However even though Dani is determined to find her sister, who is only fifteen, there is a chemistry between her and Decker, and even though she doesn't trust him, she is drawn to him and finds herself falling hard and fast for him....The Immortal Hunter is part of two series written by Lynsay Sands....its the eleventh installment in the Argeneau series, and the second in the rogue hunter series. The Immortal Hunter takes the reader on a thrilling ride of suspense, adventure and romance. There is such a intensity about this story, where two people find each other, when if certain events hadn't ever occured they might have never have found one another, acts although done is violence, brought about a silver lining. There was also such a witty rapore between the characters in this book, and it was great to see characters from other books involved in this story as well such as Lucian (who is my personal favorite) and Samantha (whom anyone that has read her story just adores her) so it was lovely to see it all come together in this story, and looking forward to reading the next one in the series: Nicholas' story...I can hardly wait....this series so far has been such a delightful dessert to read!! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 11, 2013 |
The book was a delightful read, however not one of my favorites. I never really got that attached to Decker as a character and therefore couldn't fall in love with his book. The overall series is enjoyable and one of my favorites, with several characters that I love revisiting which is why I read this one as well. ( )
  MadameMonet | Jan 24, 2012 |
Still enjoying this series immensely. I think my only complaint is the overuse of "wry" and "dry", but it's probably more noticeable because I've been marathon-reading the last 6 or so books in the series. ( )
  aromagik | Dec 1, 2010 |
"What's taking so long?"
„Wieso dauert das denn so lange?“

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061474304, Mass Market Paperback)

Even vampires need a vacation. But Decker Argeneau's ends abruptly when he's asked to help hunt the group of rogue vampires targeting mortals -- one that might include a defector in his own family. Before he can worry about that, though, he's got to rescue the latest victim. It's all part of the job, including taking a bullet for a beautiful doctor.

Dr. Danielle McGill doesn't know if she can trust the man who just saved her life. There are too many questions, such as what is the secret organization he says he's part of, and why do his wounds hardly bleed? However, with her sister in the hands of some dangerous men, she doesn't have much choice but to trust him.

Except now Decker's talking about life mates and awakening a passion that's taking Dani beyond anything she's ever known. Being undead may not be half-bad...especially if it means spending forever with a man who would love her with his mind, body, and immortal soul.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:14 -0400)

Decker is on a mission. A group of rogue vampires are hunting mortals. Before he can worry about that though he's got to rescue the latest victim, a beautiful doctor, Danielle McGill. Dani has many questions for Decker, including why do his wounds hardly bleed? As her passions are awakened, Dani begins to wonder whether being undead is such a bad thing, especially if it means spending forever with a man who would love her with mind, body and immortal soul.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,420,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible