Paracelsus: Speculative Theory and the Crisis of the Early Reformation

by Andrew Weeks

12None1,288,770NoneNone
Paracelsus is commonly regarded as one of the great figures of sixteenth-century Europe and of German intellectual history. This book examines the content of his writings in order to clarify it and its historical context.

No reviews

Andrew Weeksprimary authorall editionscalculated
Appelbaum, DavidEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
ich bin nit Lutherus, ich bin Theophrastus, und bin der Theophrastus, den ir zu Basel Cacophrastum hießen . . . und bin ich euch Cacophrastus nit genug gewachsen, ich sag euch, meine schuchriemen wissen mer dan ir und alle euer schulmeister, Galenus und Avicenna, und all eure hohenschul. wolt ir das nicht lassen war sein, legent curam utramque auf die wag und secht wie die wag ausschlage.
I am not Luther, I am Theophrastus, the Theophrastus you called 'Cacophrastus' in Basel. . . And if I am not match enough for you as Cacophrastus, I tell you, my shoestrings know more than you and all your schoolmasters, Galen and Avicenna, and all your high schools. If you can't accept that as true, lay both cures on the scales and see how they tip.
Theophrastus was of course not Luther.

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 156,969,255 books! | Top bar: Always visible