No title

Title:
Authors:
Info:
Collections:

The Discipline of Grace: God's Role and Our Role in the Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges

Recently added byliketoread1, WCAClib, private library, bdbach, Tom.Brown371, danthornton

榮獲美國福音派基督徒出版協會(ECPA)1995年最佳書籍金牌獎
《恩典作王》的要點是:探究神與信徒在追求聖潔或成聖過程中的共同責任。被轉化為基督的樣式是個漫長而艱​難的過程,也不是神單獨做成的。相反地,神賜給我們能力來追求聖潔,並且幫助我們達到這個目標。神的恩典與​個人的操練必須攜手合作,必須平衡。​
  OCMCCP | Jan 2, 2015 |
Hand in hand with other books on the spiritual disciplines, this brings the balance of recognizing that our disciplines are meaningless without the work of Christ; they must bring us closer to God to have purpose in our spiritual growth. While the author acknowledges that we have a role in disciplining ourselves in study, prayer, etc., he reminds over and over to stop putting the pressure on ourselves to perform and look to God and seek to develop our relationship with Him. ( )
  Keith.Benjamin | Apr 16, 2014 |
Jerry "Bridges discusses how the same grace that brings us to faith in Christ also disciplines us in Christ, and how we learn to discipline ourselves in the areas of commitment, conviction, choices, watchfulness, and adversity.

If you’ve ever struggled with what your role is and what role God takes in your growth as a Christian, this book will comfort and challenge you as you learn to rest in Christ while vigorously pursuing a life of holiness." — Publisher's notes
  rbclibrary | Apr 13, 2014 |
Highly recommended. Jerry Bridges thoroughly explores the application of the gospel to the Christian believer. Pursuing holiness is neither a matter of passivity nor of gritting one's teeth and trying harder, but of daily preaching the gospel to oneself and, from the gracious knowledge of acceptance and of sin's broken dominion, pressing on in the joyful duty of discipleship. Bridges offers a number of practical helps for doing this.

I definitely had some "ouch" moments of realizing I do not take God's holiness, or my own conforming to Christ, anywhere near as seriously as I should. Convicting in the best way. Yet, it's wonderful to read a book like this that leaves me feeling energized and hungry rather than laden with guilt. ( )
  LudieGrace | Dec 4, 2013 |
6/2013
  bobbyemccoy | Jul 26, 2013 |

Grace is every bit as important for growing as a Christian as it is for becoming a Christian. "The pursuit of holiness", writes Jerry Bridges", must be anchored in the grace of God; otherwise it is doomed to failure.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:05 -0400)

37 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,031,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible