The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges

The Pursuit of Holiness (original 1978; edition 2006)

by Jerry Bridges

Member:Kirk1810
Title:The Pursuit of Holiness
Authors:Jerry Bridges
Info:NavPress (2006), Edition: New, Paperback, 179 pages
Collections:Christian Growth / Discipleship
Rating:*****

The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges (1978)

Decent read. This earlier work shows a zeal that seems tempered by more grace filled tones in later works. ( )
  learn2laugh | Sep 14, 2014 |
This is a great book to read. It's easy to read, has thought-provoking quotes and has the one quality that all great books have: it makes you think and examine yourself. Everyone has their own thoughts on what it means to be holy and this book will make you think of it in another light. ( )
  Leena_Duncan | Jul 30, 2014 |
I have two copies of this book. This review appears with the other copy also:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this book! From the first time I read it until now I have been amazed at the brilliance of Jerry Bridges' keen insight into the holiness of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and our need to pursue this same holiness if we are to have that continual loving relationship with God which He so desires and which we also should so desire. An excellently written book by a truly inspired author.

Get the book. Read it. Then read it again and again. It will improve your relationship with the Lord if you will take it to heart. ( )
  exinanition | Sep 13, 2013 |
I think I liked this book when I read it back in the late 70s. I don't really remember much about it now. ( )
  lnlamb | Dec 13, 2011 |
This is classic book from Jerry Bridges and offers great insight into living a Holy life. From Body, mind, heart and will, all the areas are covered. By NavPress this has all the hallmarks of the Navigators Ministry: sound biblical teaching, continuous scripture references, and easy reading. This is a must read for anyone serious about pursuing God. ( )
  laholmes | Oct 20, 2011 |

Has as a student's study guide

Our first problem is that our attitude toward sin is more self-centered than God-centered. We are more concerned about our "victory" over sin than we are about the fact that our sins grieve the heart of God. (p. 17–18)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 089109430X, Paperback)

Be holy, for I am holy, commands God to His people. But holiness is something that is often missing in the Christian's daily life. In Pursuit of Holiness, Jerry Bridges explains how God has equipped us to lead holy lives, how reason and emotion influenc

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:05 -0400)

"Be holy, for I am holy," commands God. But holiness is something that is often missed in the Christian's daily life. According to Navigator author Jerry Bridges, that's because we're not exactly sure what our part in holiness is. In The Pursuit of Holiness, he helps us see clearly just what we should rely on God to do-and what we should take responsibility for ourselves. As you deepen your relationship with God, learn more about His character, and understand the Holy Spirit's role in holiness, your spiritual growth will mature. A Study Guide is also available separately (ISBN 9781576839881).… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,430,912 books! | Top bar: Always visible