Always a Scoundrel by Suzanne Enoch

Always a Scoundrel

by Suzanne Enoch

Series: Notorious Gentlemen (3)

English (4)  Italian (1)  All languages (5)
Its been a few months since I have read anything from Suzanne Enoch, and I always get spiraled into her stories and utterly drawn in. The same is true to Always A Scoundrel and I have fallen in love with Rose and Bram. Lord Bramwell is your typical English Rogue who drinks, and cavorts with endless amounts of women-most particularly married women. He is the last of his trio of friends that is still unattached and unmarried. Bram finds himself feeling ever most grateful for the circumstance, since he has no desire for marriage or settling down. Bram goes about as the 'Black Cat' sneaking into nobleman's homes and stealing artifacts or ill gotten jewels. One night he hears a argument, and it seems that Lady Rosamund is to be forced into a marriage with a man that is a monster, and will eventually destroy her spirit and even her. Knowing she could never survive such a marriage with Lord Cosgrove. Apparently Rose's younger brother John gambled too much and lost Ten Thousand Pounds to Lord Cosgrove and is insisting that instead of funds he will accept a marriage to his sister. Rose is well aware of her duty to her family, even though they are willing to sell her to a blackguard, who will destroy her. Rose's family has never cared much for her, wanting to get her off their hands. Bram then becomes her friend and closest ally, in trying to convince her to fight back to Cosgrove, or run away to Scotland or the countryside and find a job as a governess or companion. However she insists that she can't leave her family out on the streets, so she is insisting on her duty and obligation to her family. However after sharing some passionate moments with Bram and realizing that such pleasure can be attained, she finds herself confused at what she really feels she needs to do. Cosgrove keeps up his lustful and disgusting advances, so much so that she knows her life with him will be 'Hell on Earth' in the literal sense. But Rose doesn't know if she can trust Bram with her heart!
This was truly a wondrous story, that fills the reader with love and a tender passion that develops between Rose and Bram. I also thoroughly loved the sub characters such as John (Rose's Brother) and Brams two other friends and their wives. There were many moments in the book that made my laugh and smile and I felt so drawn to the characters that I felt I was there within the story, it came alive. Suzanne Enoch has such a talent, at least for me, that draws the reader in and I couldn't put this down, I read into under a couple of hours, I was so captivated by the plot, the characters, and the connection and passion that is between the main characters. I also fell in love with Rose and Bram. Rose is a genuine heroine, who even though her family could care less about her (except for her brother) she is willing to sacrifice everything for her family. Rose is a caring and loving woman, who has a passionate nature that is released upon meeting Bram. Bram is your above average rogue, who finds himself enticed toward Rose, and is never bored with her. Instead he is thoroughly captivated by her spirit and is never bored whenever she is in the same room with him. I am sure those of you who have never read this book will enjoy it as much as I have ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 30, 2019 |
Lord Bram overhears Lady Rose's parents telling her she must marry to pay off her brothers debts. Forced marriage for money has been done so many times and nothing about this story or characters really grabbed my interest. I gave up after 100 pages.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
I have no idea how Suzanne Enoch managed to write a book that I disliked so much and a book I loved so much back to back in the same trilogy, but I'm so glad I didn't give up the trilogy and took to heart the recommendations for this one.

Bram and Rose just got to me. They got to me but good. ( )
  dukedukegoose | Jan 26, 2015 |
not bad - although a little predictable. ( )
  afarrington | Mar 1, 2012 |

Enoch, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Griffin, JamesCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

NEVER A GENTLEMAN . . . UNTIL NOW.
****
Lord Bramwell Johns, the second son of a duke, is an unrepentant scoundrel. Now that his two closest friends are disgustingly ensconced in domestic bliss, Bram is feeling strangely restless. And not even relieving London's least deserving aristocrats of their ill-gotten jewels is enough --- until the night he overhears an argument. It seems that Lady Rosamund Davis is about to be forced into marriage with a rogue even worse than himself.
****
Rose is well aware of Bram's scandalous reputation, so any reason for his sudden interest in her is suspect; more so since he's close friends with the man about to ruin her family! She has her own plan though, and Bram may be just what she requires --- as long as she remembers that he is only looking out for himself. As long as she remembers that his kisses and caresses don't mean anything. As long as she can keep from wondering whether she can trust a scoundrel . . . with her heart.

(from back cover)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061456756, Mass Market Paperback)

Never a gentleman . . . until now.

Lord Bramwell Johns, the second son of a duke, is an unrepentant scoundrel. Now that his two closest friends are disgustingly ensconced in domestic bliss, Bram is feeling strangely restless. And not even relieving London's least deserving artistocrats of their ill-gotten jewels is enough—until the night he overhears an argument. It seems that Lady Rosamund Davies is about to be forced into marriage with a rogue even worse than himself.

Rose is well aware of Bram's scandalous reputation, so any reason for his sudden interest in her is suspect; more so since he's close friends with the man about to ruin her family! She has her own plan though, and Bram may be just what she requires—as long as she remembers that he is only looking out for himself. As long as she remembers that his kisses and caresses don't mean anything. As long as she can keep from wondering whether she can trust a scoundrel . . . with her heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:21 -0400)

While relieving London's least deserving aristocrats of their jewels, notorious rogue Lord Bramwell Johns overhears an argument that prompts him to try and save Lady Rosamund Davies from an arranged marriage to a true scoundrel.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,491,750 books! | Top bar: Always visible