Let the Right One In: A Novel by John Ajvide…

Let the Right One In: A Novel (original 2004; edition 2008)

by John Ajvide Lindqvist, Ebba Segerberg (Translator)

3,5652001,482 (4.02)1 / 219
Member:usagijihen
Title:Let the Right One In: A Novel
Authors:John Ajvide Lindqvist
Other authors:Ebba Segerberg (Translator)
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2008), Edition: Mti, Paperback, 480 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:favourites, own, reviewed, 2009

Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist (2004)

English (185)  Spanish (4)  Swedish (2)  Finnish (2)  Norwegian (2)  Danish (2)  German (2)  Italian (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (201)
Is there any point at all in anything that happens in this horrible book?

EDIT: I think the best description I can come up with for it is it's like a crap Wasp Factory that's about four times as long. ( )
  thebookmagpie | Jan 30, 2016 |

hoegbottom | Jan 30, 2016 |

hoegbottom | Jan 30, 2016 |
I'm almost finished with my copy of this book. This is a slow developing story and about half way through the book I almost decided to put it down, but was compelled to finish it and I'm not quit sure why except the storytelling is is well thought out and intriguing-just really slow to get to the point. I bought this book to give to my young teenage granddaughter and decided to read it myself because of all the rave reviews. I'm not sure yet whether or not I'll pass it along to her. Now I'm anxious to see how the story ends - so, that's a good thing!

Well, I finished the book and I too am anxious to see the movie. For some reason I don't think of this author in the horror story genre and I'm not sure why. I don't think he can be compared, nor should he be, to Stephen King's early writing, which to me was King's best i.e. Carrie and Salem's Lot, but Lindqvist is a good writer and I hope he continues to write in his own style. That said, I am not going to pass this book along to my granddaughter because I don't think it would hold her interest. ( )
  Judy_Ryfinski | Jan 20, 2016 |

Judy_Ryfinski | Jan 20, 2016 |
If you have time over, read this book. I will however not recommend that you sell your granny to be able to afford it, unless you really dislike your granny, of course.
added by camillahoel | editRead And Find Out, jh (Sep 7, 2009)

John Ajvide Lindqvistprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Segerberg, EbbaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mia, My Mia
Till Mia, min Mia.
The Location
Blackeberg
It makes you think of coconut-frosted cookies, maybe drugs. 'A respectable life.' You think subway station, suburb. Probably nothing else comes to mind. People must live there, just like they do in other places. That was why it was built, after all, so that people would have somewhere to live.
Blackberg.

Man tänker kanske kokosbollar, tänker kanske knark. »Ett anständigt liv.« Tänker tunnelbanestation, förort. Sedan tänker man inte så mycket mer. Bor väl folk där, som på andra platser. Det var ju därför det byggdes; för att folk skulle ha någonstans att bo.
The earth shall drink his blood.

Let the Right One In Takes Top Honors at Tribeca Film Festival!

It is autumn 1981 when the inconceivable comes to Blackeberg, a suburb in Sweden. The body of a teenage boy is found, emptied of blood, the murder rumored to be part of a ritual killing. Twelve-year-old Oskar is personally hoping that revenge has come at long last---revenge for the bullying he endures at school, day after day.

But the murder is not the most important thing on his mind. A new girl has moved in next door---a girl who has never seen a Rubik’s Cube before, but who can solve it at once. There is something wrong with her, though, something odd. And she only comes out at night. . . .

Sweeping top honors at film festivals all over the globe, director Tomas Alfredsson’s film of Let the Right One In has received the same kind of spectacular raves that have been lavished on the book. American readers of vampire fiction will be thrilled!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:17 -0400)

Twelve-year-old Oskar is obsessed by the murder that's taken place in his neighborhood. Then he meets the new girl from next door. She's a bit weird, though. And she only comes out at night--Publisher's description.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,255,169 books! | Top bar: Always visible