Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Lunch Money

by Andrew Clements

Twelve-year-old Greg, who has always been good at moneymaking projects, is surprised to find himself teaming up with his lifelong rival, Maura, to create a series of comic books to sell at school.

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Read this with my boys as a part of their "One School, One Book" campaign. Delightful story with delightful characters. Truly enjoyed reading it and loved how everything came together in the last few chapters. ( )
  gthurman | Jul 12, 2020 |
Greg Kenton is a 6th grader that has always LOVED money. He's good at making it, saving it, and even lending it. Some may say he's obsessed with money but Greg does not see it that way. To him, most people dream of having a lot money and Greg views his money "talents" and hard work as taking action to achieve that dream. The summer before 6th grade, Greg worked diligently, making a comic books series, which was going to bring in the big bucks for him. Nothing could get in his way... that is until his arch nemesis/neighbor/classmate, throws herself in the mix...
I loved Maura and Greg's character development throughout the book. Author Andrew Clements did a wonderful job displaying the actions of children in the 6th grade. Mr. Z's character is hilarious and unconventional and I really appreciated it. I hope to one day have what he has with his students in my own classroom. They respect him, appreciate him, and feel like they can approach him with their issues.
Overall, I found "Lunch Money" to be a unique read for children which can help open their eyes to saving/making money or even creating a small business. As an adult, I find this to be a topic that should be taught more in schools and this book is great for getting a child's foot in the door. ( )
  D.Chokr | Apr 11, 2020 |
Fun, smart and full of concepts to teach the youngest children about the value of money. Many projects can come of the chapters from a class project to raise money to individual projects for each child to explore their talents and interests that could turn into income. If you are planning to plant entrepreneurial seeds in your students, this is a great place to start. They will definitely get a new appreciation for money. ( )
  Racquelhayes | Oct 2, 2018 |
I like this book as a child’s book. It was an easy read but it is certainty written for children. The drama was a little bit much for me but relatable to an older elementary/ young middle school child. I liked that it incorporated a lot of math concepts into an easy to read book, as well as copyright and technology issues. I also liked how the book briefly talked about gender neutral books and boy/girl themed books. ( )
  JaJennings | Sep 17, 2018 |

Andrew Clementsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Selznick, BrianIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,741,440 books! | Top bar: Always visible