The Most Wicked of Sins by Kathryn Caskie

The Most Wicked of Sins

by Kathryn Caskie

Ugh. This is one book I just wanted to be OVER. I kept reading it because I'd waited so long for it from the library, and because once I'd committed to it I felt I just needed to finish (that reading goal keeps taunting me with its "You're 6% behind" comments). It wouldn't have been too bad if the main charscters just hadn't acted so stupidly. Honestly. Ivy's plan was inane from the start. Nick had about a million opportunities to tell Ivy the truth (Okay--slight exaggerstion. At least three excellent chances. But it felt like a million, trust me.) The whole "Seven Deadly Sins" thing was all a bit too much--really? Their names just so happen to coincide with their sins? Maybe their parents should have rethought their sytem of nomenclature--buy a baby names book maybe?

I started with the second book because it's the only one my library had available digitally. I probably won't be looking for one or three, though. Or four through seven, if it comes to that. ( )
  beckymmoe | Apr 20, 2013 |
For Dave, my kilted hero.
The day had begun like any other.

They are the "Seven Deadly Sins"--the seven Sinclair brothers and sisters who live for scandal and delight in disgrace . . . until their father decrees that they must marry in haste . . . or regret in poverty!

Lady Ivy Sinclair can't live without funds much longer, so she vows to land a sensible, serious husband her father will accept. But just when the respectable gentlemen is about to pop the question, another woman snatches away his attentions. Furious, Ivy hatches a plan -- make him jealous by hiring a handsome actor to impersonate a marquess, -- a marquess who happens to be madly in love with her.

The moment Ivy boldly kisses Dominic Sheridan -- to test his fitness for the task at hand -- she sure he's perfect for her desperate scheme. What Ivy doesn't know is that the blue-eyed rake isn't acting at all, but intent on stealing her heart while seducing her into committing the most wicked of sins .

"Lady Ivy Sinclair can't live without funds much longer so she vows to land a sensible, serious husband her father will accept. But just when the gentleman is about to pop the question, another woman snatches away his attentions. Furious, Ivy hatches a plan--make him jealous by hiring a handsome man to impersonate a marquess--a marquess who happens to be madly in love with her. The moment Ivy boldly kisses Dominic Sheridan--to test his fitness for the task at hand--she's sure he's perfect. What Ivy doesn't know is that the blue-eyed rake isn't acting at all, but is intent on seducing her into committing the most wicked of sins."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,781,161 books! | Top bar: Always visible