As a Man Thinketh by James Allen

As a Man Thinketh (1902)

by James Allen

As a Man Thinketh has a lot of insight and direction on right thinking. The author seems to take "personal responsibility" to the extreme in that he ignores the effects that others and circumstances of chance can have on a person. ( )
  jamesfallen | Feb 7, 2014 |
My hardcover copy is so old it doesn't have a date. I love this book. Very insightful and thought-provoking. ( )
  essyconstantine | Sep 1, 2013 |
Summary: Oh the power of thought! The author sets out to prove the value of our thoughts and how they can literally change our world. This idea was really mind boggling for me and I believe it to be a necessary read every year. ( )
  6boysandme | Jul 16, 2013 |
Been many years since I read this book but for the longest time I used it as a meditative tool to help me understand my life. In retrospect I think I was trying to find a way to live my life back then without the use of drugs, which I was finding impossible to do, at least by my own failed measures. The book never "cured" me, but it made me think. Today I am drug-free, basically happy, or not, wiser and older of age, but as a serious writer attempting to make history wishing always for the disease and not the cure. ( )
  MSarki | Mar 31, 2013 |
Rated: C+ ( )
  jmcdbooks | Jan 27, 2013 |

James Allenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McCoy, JasonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Steiner, CharleyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The aphorism, "As a man thinketh in his heart so is he," not only embraces the whole of a man's being, but is so comprehensive as to reach out to every condition and circumstance of his life.

Self Help Book on the power of thoughts. Most importantly the abilities each of us have by channeling our thoughts.

"Probably one of the first of these motivational writers, the one who, indeed, opened the door to what is now called the human potential movement, the man whose writings were the wellspring from which this philosophy was generated, was James Allen" -- p. vii… (more)

Twenty editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,969,311 books! | Top bar: Always visible