Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder

Storm Glass (edition 2013)

by Maria V. Snyder

1,1204110,639 (3.83)48
Member:dolphin30
Title:Storm Glass
Authors:Maria V. Snyder
Info:Harlequin MIRA (2013), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages

Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder

I got interrupted a lot while I was reading this, so I didn't really get into it. OK but not really engaging enough for me. The fantasy world was very creative but I had problems with her rather clunky dialogue. ( )
  nautilus | Sep 20, 2017 |
A word of advice: "don't start reading storm glass in the afternoon, or you won't sleep until you finish it." ( )
  DaffiMere | Apr 1, 2016 |
3.5 stars

This is a spin-off from Snyder's Study series. Opal is a glass magician in her final year of training and her unique skills are needed to save the magicians of the Stormdancer clan. Besides being a high-spirited adventure and mystery, it's also a coming-of-age story, as Opal needs to find self-belief and accept and embrace her talents and as well as her limitations. ( )
  SabinaE | Jan 23, 2016 |
This is is the first book in the Glass trilogy and is a really enjoyable read - interesting plot and characters, magic, intrigue and lots of action. Synder has created a rich, colourful and believable world and her descriptions of glass blowing are fascinating.

Opal is an intriguing character who lacks confidence in her own abilities. The reader watches her evolve throughout the book as she gradually overcomes her vulnerability to reach her full potential through perseverance and determination. She is supported by a number of interesting characters including Kade, Ulrich, Zitora and Devlen. This should be a popular series for a variety of readers. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
Maria V. Snyder's Storm Glass follows the adventures of Opal Cowan, a character first introduced in Synder's Study trilogy, during her last year of studies at Sitia's Citadel. Despite my misgivings over the main character herself, who I felt had a few too many self-confidence issues to be a truly remarkable herione-issues that were resolved with the conclusion of this story-I did enjoy the story and the characters. As a result, I'm looking forward to finding out what's next for Opal. ( )
1 vote Melissa_J | Jan 16, 2016 |
To my sister, Karen Philips, for all the advice, support and good times (BFF). This book has a definite sister vibe!
The hot air pressed against my face as I entered the glass factory.

As a glassmaker and a magician-in-training, Opal Cowen understands trial by fire. Now it’s time to test her mettle. Someone has sabotaged the Stormdancer clan’s glass orbs, killing their most powerful magicians. The Stormdancers—particularly the mysterious and mercurial Kade—require Opal’s unique talents to prevent it happening again. But when the mission goes awry, Opal must tap into a new kind of magic as stunningly potent as it is frightening. And the further she delves into the intrigue behind the glass and magic, the more distorted things appear. With lives hanging in the balance—including her own—Opal must control powers she never knew she possessed...powers that might lead to disaster beyond anything she’s ever known.

As a glassmaker and a magician-in-training, Opal Cowen understands trial by fire. Now it's time to test her mettle. Someone has sabotaged the Stormdancer clan's glass orbs, killing their most powerful magicians.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,990,198 books! | Top bar: Always visible