Date by Jeanine Le Ny

Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

It's four minutes since we left DRESS. There is one week and six days left until the Prom. And so much has to happen in such a short time! Nisha is still stuck in the middle of the fight between Tara and Jordan. If things aren't sorted out soon, then the three girls will definitely not be attending the Prom together.

For Nisha, she still has not told her parents that she would rather go to the Prom with her boyfriend, Brian, than Raj, the son of an acceptable Indian family. And Brian has put pressure on her to meet her parents. He has told her that if he doesn't get to meet them, then the two of them won't be going to Prom as a couple. The only bright note in Nisha's life is that her sister and brother-in-law have flown in from England to be there for Nisha's graduation. Nisha and Kali are very close, and maybe Kali can tell Nisha what to do with the crazy things going on in her life.

Tara is full-steam ahead with her Prom Queen campaign. She figures if Jordan really wants to be Queen, she's going to have to work for something for a change. And did Tara accidentally let it slip to Victor that she thinks of him as more than a friend? The amazing thing is that Victor may actually feel the same way about her!

And finally there's Jordan. Her dreams of going to Prom with her perfect boyfriend, Nate, and being crowded Queen has gone up in smoke. She is no longer speaking to Nate, but she now has Shane to keep her company. She has never felt so comfortable with someone and he makes her feel special. Jordan is tired of fighting with Tara, and the final is straw is when she decides to not go to Prom at all. She sells her dress to a consignment shop and withdraws her name from the competition.

However, as with the other two parts of the story, there is more going on and the ending comes as a surprise to all. Will their friendship be strong enough to overcome all the pettiness that has happened over the last few weeks? Or will Prom be an absolute disaster in the end?

Jeanine Le Ny brings the trilogy to a sweet conclusion. All is not perfect in the end, which is as it should be, but the friendship that the girls share is strong and the support they have for each other is inspiring. I would love to see a continuation of the story to find out how all of the friendships and relationships continue beyond the Prom. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 10, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0545031826, Mass Market Paperback)

Taffeta and tuxes and dresses and drama! This adorable trilogy chronicles the weeks leading up to the prom, culminating in the big, unpredictable, magical night itself.

The Big Night is finally here! The limos are pulling up, stilettos are being strapped on, and lip gloss is being applied. But how will everything turn out? Will Jordan accept her Prom Queen crown. . . or run off with her new emo boyfriend? Will Tara fall for a newly made-over Vic. . .or for a forbidden crush? And will Nisha even show up at all after her parents discover the truth?
All this, and more, will be revealed in this delicious and breathtaking conclusion!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:37 -0400)

1 minute until prom and counting ... Jordan : This is it. I've decided that il will not be attending my senior prom. Nobody can change my mind. Except for a certain dark-eyed boy ... Tara : I've always secretly liked Jordan's boyfirend, Nate. Now that he's my prom date, things couldn't be more dreamy or romantic. Or could they? Nisha :; the limo has arrived. I'm in my dress and heels ... but my parents won't let me go to the prom. Can I sneak out and make it in time?… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,077,366 books! | Top bar: Always visible