Viking Warrior by Connie Mason

Viking Warrior

by Connie Mason

When a brutal attack on Wulf the Ruthless's land, killing his wife and unborn child, vowing vengence on the Danes. However when his brother brings a woman Reyna the Dane, he is mystified by her beauty, but also recognizes her as a woman during a raid he found raped and sold her, but Reyna has never forgotten that horrific day where every good in her life was taken away. After being brutally raped and then sold to a sultan, but then given to Wulf as his slave, she never has forgotten what he did to her. Assuming that Wulf the Ruthless was the one that raped her, she knows she can never give in to the delicious sensations she feels from his kisses and his heated gaze. Both of these souls have been hurt but through each other they can find the healing balm for their hearts. But will their hatred make them blind to a beautiful love that is right beneath their noses, or will they choose to fully embrace it and find the most valued love that will last forever?

Viking Warrior is another win for Connie Mason in my mind. This was such a exquisite romance, that I could never put this one down! I have enjoyed reading from this author, but since this is a newly book acquired from the library, I knew I had to read it, especially since I love any story involving Vikings!!! We have Reyna, who on one brutal day was raped and sold, never to hear from her family that she loved dearly, but still have a hope that they are still alive. When she see's Wulf the man she thinks rapes and sells her, she has such a bitter hatred for him. But when she realizes the truth and that he never did, she starts to fall under his seductive kisses and give in to the desire that pulls at her. Wulf, after losing his wife and unborn child to the Danes, has a difficult time with a Dane slave in his household. But her beauty and healing talents cause him to waver that all Danes are bad. As passions escalate between Wulf and Reyna, they both without realizing it start to heal their battle wounds and embrace the more current feelings they share for each other, feelings that can only strengthen them and not burden them. This was a remarkable story taken back through time to the age of the Vikings, and will whirl you away into adventure, romance, and remarkable characters that will blow you away with delight! ( )
  addictofromance | Feb 25, 2013 |
AUTHOR
Connie Mason has a simplistic style of writing. She revs it up on the passion and lust.

SYNOPSIS
Set in the days of the Vikings where countries that we know today as Norwegian countries plundered for booty and slaves and raids were often.
A woman's village is raided and she is sold into slavery. After her owner is unable to control her, he puts her back up for auction. She is then purchased by the brother of the same Viking that originally raided her village. The brother presents her as a gift for his Viking brother. Oh baby, the heat is own.

FAVORITE PART: The first time they were in the heated water

LEAST FAVORITE PART: When she was captured a third time

SEX SCALE: Of the following five options: 1) NOT very descriptive and requires imagination' 2) WILL make you wiggle a little) 3) WISH it was me; 4) OH boy, do not have to use my imagination at all; 5) EROTICA and well over the top
******THIS BOOK GETS A FOUR for "OH BOY" rating because I love how he is constantly turned on to her******

YOU WILL LIKE THIS BOOK IF YOU LIKE: How a strong muscled Viking cannot live without lusting after his slave. How she refuses be lusted after.

FOUR STARS because I liked the story well enough to keep reading and I loved the passion ( )
  Chandra-of-Red | Mar 15, 2011 |
*spoilers included in review*
I have just finished reading the last page of "Viking Warrior" by Connie Mason and I loved it! The story is about Wulfric the Ruthless a Viking warrior and Reyna a Dane, whose talent is healing. Wulfric's home had been attacked while he was away by an unknown group of Danes. The Dane's had raped then brutally killed Wulfric's pregnant wife, leaving Wulf enraged and seeking revenge for the death of his beloved wife and unborn child. He didn't care which Dane's he killed, they were all his enemies now, his last attack was on Reyna's farmstead. Reyna's family were a trading and peaceful family, not seeking to steal, plunder or harm anyone, but that didn't stop Wulfric the Ruthless from devastating their land. One of Wulfric's warriors raped Reyna and left her on the ground to move on to another Dane. When the farm was plundered and slaves captured Wulfric picked Reyna up off the ground and sold her into slavery. Reyna had blocked out most of the rape and had mistaken Wulf for her rapist vowing to hate him. Two years after being sold into slavery Reyna is sold to Wulf's brother Hagar who wants to gift Wulf with a woman to be a bed slave. Wulf and Reyna recall each other on sight, but Reyna is sure it was Wulf who raped her and she will not believe him when he denies it. These two lust after each other, but as enemies can not come to any agreement outside of a bed. Reyna is quickly liked by Wulf's family when she uses her healing talents to care for Wulf's family and the Viking warriors. But Reyna refuses to be any ones slave. She wants Wulf as an equal, but Wulf will not set her free for fear she will leave him so he keeps her a slave. Then one day while they are out gathering herbs, Reyna's brothers arrive to rescue their sister and the tables are turned. Wulf is taken captive and must become Reyna's slave. He doesn't take this well, but gets a good taste of what Reyna endured as his slave. Reyna loves him, but he will not love her back. He refuses to love or marry again after the death of his wife and unborn child. This sets them at odds as they both want each other but neither is willing to compromise. Reyna wanting love and marriage, Wulf wanting her as a mistress and happy with the lust they share. Lot's of steamy sex, longing and battles in this viking romance. I will certainly be looking for more Connie Mason books to read in the future. ( )
  MsMoonlight | Feb 6, 2009 |
This book is dedicated to my late husband, Jerry. Through 57 years of love and laughter, joy and sorrow, our hearts remained firm and true. Life ends but love is endless
A Farmstead on the Norwegian coast, 860 AD
Wulfric the Ruthless, son of the late jarl of Horgaland, Rollo Redbeard, rose gloriously naked from the fjord near his farmstead. Tall, golden and magnificently male, Wulf strode toward shore, water dripping down his powerful body in rivulets.

He would Never Forgive

After a brutal attack on his farmstead, Wulfric the Ruthless had sworn vengeance on the Danish raiders for killing his young wife. But when he laid eyes on Reyna the Dane, all he could see was a woman of extraordinary beauty, with flowing hair the color of moonlight and a body any Valkyrie would envy. She was his thrall, gifted to him by his brother to warm his bed. Could this beautiful healer also ease the fire burning in his heart?

She Would Never Forget

Stolen from her home by wild Norsemen, Reyna would always remember the face of the barbarian who'd destroyed her life. When she first caught sight of her new master, she thought he was the very man she'd vowed to hate forever. But Wulf's golden body and seductive kisses awoke very different feelings within her. As one deliciously long Northern night blended into another, she realized he was no longer her enemy but her beloved...Viking Warrior

When a beautiful Danish maiden is captured by Norse warriors and sold into slavery, she never guesses that she will soon become the willing thrall of a golden-haired Viking who holds captive her heart.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,376,616 books! | Top bar: Always visible