Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
20th Century First Edition Fiction: A Price and Identification Guide : The…
by Thomas Lee
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0965342921, Paperback)Here, for the first time, is a book dedicated to helping the serious collector of first-edition fiction. Written by the owner of The Book Emporium, a nationally recognized book business specializing in providing high-quality, first-edition fiction to a highly discriminating clientele, this book is a complete How-To for both the beginning and the advanced collector. Information previously confined to the author's reference file cabinet is now professionally compiled to provide:
* description of terms commonly used by book dealers and collectors,
* in-depth discussion of grading and the effect of defects on grade,
* first edition points for today's most collected first editions,
* tabulation of values for six different grades of book and dustjacket,
* description of first issue dustjackets.
This is not merely a printout of auction sales or catalog prices. This is a price guide (the previous editions of which were offered for sale only to used and rare book dealers) that tells how to identify first editions and what they are worth.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:53 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.