Warrior Princess by Frewin Jones

I enjoyed this, a first in the series. Warrior Princess features a young girl whose life is shattered with the death of her brother. She is sent away to live with a neighboring prince and his family, where she is met with predjudice and some cruelty at the hands of the princesses there. She befriends a young man who is a runaway servant. She must choose between staying at this home or believing that her parents and her home are in danger. She chooses to believein her new friend and it is a good thing! She makes it home to save her family from Saxon invaders and their sure death. But, our heroin must choose to stay and help her family rebuild or facing her destiny----I cannot wait to read the others in the series. ( )
  LoftyIslanders | Mar 31, 2014 |
Interesting plot twists, she is a little on the whiny side though but she's had a lot of heartbreak and loss . She is finding she is stronger than she thougth she was though and wow but her momma can kick some tail. She has more of her momma in her than she realizes I think. All ready reading book two and have the thrid one checked out ready to move right into when I'm done with the second. Looking for more by this author. ( )
  LoftyIslanders | Mar 4, 2014 |
Great ( )
  CyndiGoodgame | Aug 23, 2013 |
Branwen must choose her future, stay out of harms way or fight against the Saxon invader. What she doesn't realise is that there are powers at work, powers that could help or hinder her choices.

Branwen is caught between a lot of different worlds and her choices aren't easy, nor are they depicted as easy. In several instances they're depicted as being pretty uniformly bad, for a change in some YA novels (recent experiences may have coloured this comment) she chooses the hard rather than the soft route and while there was some romantic moments the romance was very secondary to her development as a person (double yay). The covers don't do this series any justice, she should really have a weapon in one of those hands! I'm looking forward to more in this series, while there were moments that didn't quite work, most of it was very well done. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jun 25, 2012 |
Reviewed by http://bibliophile-bestiary.blogspot.com

Holy cow! I was totally entranced by this book! I devoured it! I have read The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones and enjoyed it, so I was excited to read this series. It did not disappoint!

The story line is great, and the characters make you feel for them. I admit at times I had tears in my eyes! It is a short book in the fact that the events happen in only a few days time, but that isn't a horrible thing to read. I loved Branwen's character and how much she changed once she really figured out who she was.

Something I would love to see from the author is a prequel series about Lady Alis ap Owain (Branwen's mother) and how she became who she was! Fans of Tamora Pierce and Alanna will love this book! 5 out of 5 stars! ( )
  nelliebly1025 | Jul 21, 2011 |
In Memory of Merlie O. Great Friend. Much Missed.
In Memory of Merlie O and Siouxie S. Great friends. Much missed.
Branwen ap Griffith sat on the grassy hillside with her back to an oak tree, gazing out over the rugged landscape of bony hills and steep wooded valleys that she had known since childhood.
Published in the US as "Warrior Princess". Published in the UK as "Rhiannon of the Spring".

It takes just a moment for fifteen-year-old Branwen's life to change forever. In the blink of an eye the Saxons attack and her brother is killed. Almost as quickly, she is sent away from her home to a neighboring stronghold where she'll be safe from harm. Now Branwen lives as a princess should, surrounded by exquisite things and lavish quarters. But deep down remains the soul of a warrior. Just when Branwen is sure she has been pushed to her limits, a chance encounter with a mystical woman in white forces her to question everything, and everyone, around her. With no time to lose, Branwen must make a choice: continue in the path her parents intended for her or step into the role of true Warrior Princess.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,973,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible