Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

Fragile Eternity

by Melissa Marr

Series: Wicked Lovely (3)

Excellent, big changes in this one, kind of wanted to slap Aisling for being so pathetic and wimpy, though I suppose that's only because as the reader you know what's happening, she doesn't. Though really she shouldn't have been so trusting. ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
The pull between everyone- who should and shouldn't be together and who wants to be together is exciting and confusing. Seth goes on a quest that will make him the most powerful character in the story, bound in one way and unbound in another. I was upset that Aislinn gave up on him, but perhaps I'm being too hard on her- six months is a long time when you're a teenager. ( )
  the1butterfly | Jan 18, 2017 |
Such a boring book. Ug. Maybe I was just in a mood (for a week?) but these books have steadily gone down hill. Unlikeable situations, characters I can't connect with, unthinkable stupidity. I just don't care. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book. I loved getting to see more of Seth's side of things and getting to learn a bit more about the other court. I found myself angry with Niall and even angrier with Keenan though. It saddened me to be angry with Niall because prior to this book I really liked him. I'm hoping to get to like him again in the next installment of the series. I also found myself EXTREMELY angry with Don. I've always wanted to love her, and now I'm not sure that will happen. Again, I'm hoping she's redeemed in future books. The series keeps getting better for me, so I'm glad I still have a few more books to read. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
This book made my day after reading Ink Exchange. If you want more about Ash, Keenan and Seth this is the book. This books tends to focus in my opinion mostly on this love triangle with a little progress. Ash realizes that just because she got Keenan to agree to give her everything she wants it doesn't mean that it's going to always be possible or easy for him to do so. Seth is understanding but his jealous shows a little if not greatly. Ash is pretty much constantly straddling the fence in this book and at time can get annoying but other than that it is a great book. I will admit again I was left with more questions than answers but that is a good thing since it now makes me want to read the rest of the series for those answers. ( )
  tianicolle | Jan 27, 2016 |
Marr’s fantasy world is complex and involving.

Melissa Marrprimary authorall editionscalculated
Landrum, NickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tucker, MarkCover photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Loch, for being my forever and always...
Prologue

Seth knew the moment Aislinn slipped into the house; the slight rise in termperature would've told him even if he hadn't seen the glimmer of sunlight in the middle of the night.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 006121471X, Hardcover)

Fragile Eternity, Melissa Marr's sequel to the New York Times bestselling Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange, returns to Huntsdale, where faeries and mortals intermingle, wreaking continual havoc on each other's lives. Aislinn, who became a faerie in the first book, now has to deal with the awkward--verging on impossible--position of still being in love with her mortal boyfriend Seth, whom she can't even touch without burning. To complicate things further, as the new Summer Queen, Aislinn is eternally bonded to Keenan, the Summer King, and the attraction between them is palpable and constant. In the doomed loves that permeate these books, Marr deftly explores the essence of longing as she questions notions of fated love. Her characters are strong, with even the nastiest of the faerie troublemakers coming through as absolutely compelling and sympathetic. And their situations are rife with conflict, from the impossible mortal-faerie relationships to the ancient familial and courtly spats within the faerie realm. In the hands of a less talented writer, these complexities could easily veer into soap opera, but Marr's dark sensibility imbues the series with an eerie, sexy, mysterious ambience that gives it just the edge it needs. --Heidi Broadhead

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:29 -0400)

Aislinn and Seth struggle with the unforeseen consequences of Aislinn's transformation from mortal girl to faery queen as the world teeters on the brink of cataclysmic violence.

Melissa Marr is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,090,731 books! | Top bar: Always visible