The Huffington Post Complete Guide to…

The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging (2008)

by The editors of the Huffington Post

Other authors: Arianna Huffington (Introduction)

A complete guide to blogging in the first half of the book. The second half can be skipped unless you want to read a hundred pages of how great the Huffington Post is.
The first half of the book had some good info. ( )
  GeneHunter | Mar 13, 2016 |
The Huffington Post has been online since May 2005, so they should know what makes a good blog. Their 2008 book, The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging, is a great resource for beginning bloggers. I’ve read the HuffPost from time to time and have found their guest bloggers to be very knowledgeable. (I also appreciate and put a high value on writers who can spell and use grammar correctly. Some of the writing on the internet just makes me cringe!) The information in this book doesn’t feel dated; its still relevant.
Since I’ve already put together a blog that I like, the next steps for me were found in Chapters 3-5; Getting Noticed, Finding Your Voice, and Community: Creating and Building It. I especially like their “Huffington Post Rules for Great Blogging,” eight rules I’m going to refer to often.
Just about all of their top bloggers contributed to sharing advice, from Harry Shearer to Jamie Lee Curtis to Gary Hart. The information confirmed what I’d been thinking might work but wasn’t really sure if I was right.
I’ve not gotten too far into my blogging – the site has been up since January 2012 – and I found that a lot of the information here rings true for a beginning blogger, so I would highly recommend this for anyone considering starting a blog.

You can find my book blog at: http://realbooks4ever.tumblr.com/ ( )
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |

You can find my book blog at: http://realbooks4ever.tumblr.com/ ( )
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |
Read in October for work. Lessons learned: keep it short, talk in your own voice, stay on topic, and don't get too caught up on grammar. ( )
  Motherofthree | Mar 7, 2011 |

The editors of the Huffington Postprimary authorall editionscalculated
Huffington, AriannaIntroductionsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,052,062 books! | Top bar: Always visible