The New Testament in Modern English by J. B.…

The New Testament in Modern English

by J. B. Phillips

Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Inc. Wartburg Project (divinepeacelutheran)
    divinepeacelutheran: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

one of my favourite translations - easy to read, not in verse format, I like the english word choices. ( )
  FHC | Jun 20, 2014 |
MAPS
  saintmarysaccden | Sep 21, 2013 |
This paraphrase of the Greek New Testament is a wonderfully readable version. If you are already familiar with a passage it throws fresh light on God's Word. Very enjoyable. I received my first copy of this when I was in Jr. High school in 1967. God continues to use it to speak to me. ( )
  RaskFamilyLibrary | Apr 25, 2013 |
Multiple copies. This one I used to teach Sunday School, lead prayer and Bible Study. With short Index and maps.

The translator notes that "I find myself therefore indebted to all kinds of people of different nationalities and different denominations....at the very heart and core of our Faith, Christians are far more at one than their outward divisions would imply." [xi]
  keylawk | Aug 29, 2012 |
Phillips addresses the translation issues very briefly in an introduction.
  keylawk | Aug 29, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 068482633X, Paperback)

Edited by J.B. Phillips
Verse numbers indicated
Introductions to each book
Index
5 1/4 x 7 5/8 % Font size: 9

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:47 -0400)

An enduring scriptural treasure and a classic of Christian literature, this modern translation is a beautiful and true rendering of the New Testament. Written in 1958, The New Testament in Modern English is one of the most dynamic and lively translations to ever appear in print. Phillips' rendering of Holy Scripture into contemporary English is accessible and powerful to a modern audience. Easy to read and remarkable in its passionate depictions of Jesus and the Apostles, this book is a classic work of Christian literature perfect for anyone looking to supplement their understanding of the Bible and enrich their spiritual life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,085,539 books! | Top bar: Always visible