A Pair of Ghostly Hands and Other Stories…

A Pair of Ghostly Hands and Other Stories [Oxford Bookworms]

by Diane Mowat

This book includes five stories.First story is,"A pair of Ghostly Hands",story of a woman and a little girl's ghost.They became to live with together and...
It is very easy to read.But I didn't think the story was so interesting.So,I rated 3. ( )
  umeco | Jul 21, 2011 |
There are some stories which have a variety of ghosts in this book. Of course, their charactors are very different each other, so we can enjoy reading those stories without dulness. Getting scary, relieved, and excited, we would have a new image of ghosts by the time we shut up this book.
Everytime I saw or hear the word "ghost", I felt scary and imagined their hates and sadness. But, while reading this book, I found that ghosts were originally human, and some of them have love and kindness for us alive. When we feel that, they really exist somewhere as same as their love we can't catch by our eyes. ( )
  nolen111 | Jul 14, 2011 |
This book has five stories of horror.
Second story is the most horrible one,I think.
A little boy,Stephen comes to live at Aswarby Hall with Mr Abney,who is his cousin.
There were two childrens who lived there with Mr Abney before Stephen came,but they missed...why?
At last,I understood the mystery very well and was much thrriled.
I think you had better not read this book alone. ( )
  kitty100 | Jun 16, 2010 |
What do you do if you hear the sound of tap running in the night?
What do you do if you know there is a ghost in your house?

Ths book contains 5 short stories.
They are horror but sometimes I felt sad becaouse of some unhappy stories.
They weren't scary for me.Probably because I like horror.
If you like horror too,you may feel bored. ( )
  chatmarie | May 19, 2010 |
This is horror fiction.
I thought the story is similar to Amerivan horror movie. ( )
  sakim | Jan 20, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0194791254, Paperback)

This award-winning collection of adapted classic literature and original stories develops reading skills for low-beginning through advanced students.

Accessible language and carefully controlled vocabulary build students' reading confidence.

Introductions at the beginning of each story, illustrations throughout, and glossaries help build comprehension.

Before, during, and after reading activities included in the back of each book strengthen student comprehension.

Audio versions of selected titles provide great models of intonation and pronunciation of difficult words.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:22 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,109,250 books! | Top bar: Always visible