The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress [aka The…

The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress [aka The Mistress]

by Maya Banks

Other authors: Maya Banks (Original Text)

Series: The Anetakis Tycoons (January 2009 - book 1)

Rather intense story but the animosity toward the heroine was over the top and went on way too long. I felt she forgave him too soon. Marley learns she is pregnant and before telling her rich boyfriend Chrysander, she tries to clarify their relationship and he says she is only his mistress then accuses her of betrayal.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Brain candy fluff for clearing my head. Easy to read. Not a lot of commitment required. ( )
  lesmel | Sep 18, 2014 |
Compré este libro pensando que sería una forma divertida de practicar mi español. Mal. En el momento en que leí 50 páginas (en qué punto di para arriba) realicé el secretario era el villano y el héroe y la heroína eran idiotas. Yo ni sé cuánto de esa percepción se debe a la traducción sin vida, ni me importa. Sinceramente, mientras que leía, yo estaba más preocupado por la decisión de Harlequin para traducir esto en castellano en lugar del español estándar de América Latina de lo que estaba a punto cualquiera de los personajes. ( )
  thewalkinggirl | Nov 25, 2010 |
enjoyed but not a keeper ( )
  kazzie22 | Feb 28, 2009 |
What can I say except that when I find an author I enjoy, any time I see the name the next thing I know the book is in my cart! Yes, Maya Banks is writing a trilogy for Silhouette Desire. The good news is, the heat is still there. The bad news is, it's still 'formula' romance. The rest of the good news is, I still enjoyed it and it was a steamy, quick read!

Marley was heartbroken when Chrysander called her his mistress and then accused her of selling his company secrets! She quickly grabs her coat and runs...right into the arms of a kidnapper!

Three months later Chrysander is still dealing with the fallout of Marley's betrayal when he hears her name on the TV. He can't believe it! She'd been abducted and held for three months...and she's five months pregnant. Chrysander didn't get to be a gazillionaire by not being able to count...that baby is HIS.

Yes it's a formulaic romance, but it still managed to bring a tear to my eye. And yes I knew who the 'bad guy' was almost from the first, and felt like smashing Chrysander's Greek head against the wall...but I still found myself turning the pages as fast as I could read to see Marley vindicate herself and watch to see if Chrysander would crawl!! As a side note, having lived in Greece for almost five years means I don't necessarily find Greek heroes immediately sexy...and Chrysander was no different. Now if he'd been Australian?

Anyway, fans of Banks will enjoy this book for what it is. And I can't lie...I'll pick up the upcoming books about the brothers as soon as they hit the shelves!! ( )
  jjmachshev | Jan 24, 2009 |

Maya Banksprimary authorall editionscalculated
Banks, MayaOriginal Textsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pregnant.
Do not combine with the 2-in-1 containing a bonus story.

Mistress. It sounded so sordid, so impersonal, so far removed from the kind of relationship Marley Jameson had with Greek hotel magnate Chrysander Anetakis. Until it all came crashing down around them.

Three months later, Marley awakened in the hospital with no memory of what happened before she got there. She couldn’t remember her past, Chrysander…or the baby she carried. All she knew was that when Chrysander showed up and whisked her away to his private Greek island, being with him felt like home.

Until she remembered the truth…

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373769202, Mass Market Paperback)

But he didn't count on Marley regaining her memory so soon.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:27 -0400)

Greek hotel magnate Chrysander Anetakis's former mistress was pregnant? And had amnesia? That meant Marley Jameson didn't remember betraying him by selling company secrets. Or that he'd thrown her out of his life. So he told her a little white lie: they were engaged. Then he swept her away to his Greek island to await the birth of his baby and enjoy her sudden devotion before tossing her out. But he didn't count on Marley regaining her memory so soon.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,022,154 books! | Top bar: Always visible