Chop, Chop by L.N. Cronk

Chop, Chop

by L.N. Cronk

Good book. I did skim a bit through some parts. Overall very surprised for my first novel.
  Sunshine22222 | Feb 19, 2017 |
This is one of the better books I have read in a long time. I have never read anything by L.N. Cronk and I had not heard of this book but got it free for my nook.
It sucked me in from the beginning and I had no idea how quickly I read pages. One minute I started it and the next I was done and wanted more.

This is a story of true friendship, of God, growing up, death, life, change. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
OMG....this is not a typical book i would have normally choose to read but i found that could not put it down. i had no real expectations for it originally and i can't say i even knew what it was about before i read it, but i can say i am glad i read it. it is a very uplifting book. It jerked a couple of tears but i am really blown away, so blown away i am going to read the rest of the series!!!
  twokidsnablanket | Nov 2, 2013 |
While the writing wasn't exceptional, I did like some of the ideas in this book and found myself really liking the characters. There are major religious overtones. Forgiveness is such a huge challenge and yet it is the way to peace. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Apr 21, 2012 |
This is an absolutely DELIGHTFUL read! It's more of a YA book, yes, but I believe that EVERYONE should take the time to read this amazing novel by a definitely talented author. L.N. Cronk is fantastic with her words and meanings, and she instantly captured me in this moving, emotional and humorous story.

David and Laci. Wow. There's two characters to instantly fall in love with. I loved them both. When Greg entered the picture, it really added meaning to the story. Greg and Laci, along with David, were learning so much about God and what it means to give to others and not be selfish. It was awesome! I really loved the idea of growing your hair out super long and then chopping it off and donating it to Locks of Love. Totally awesome!

Throughout the novel, L.N. Cronk adds humor. It makes the novel pop with David's humor and points of view. But, among the smiles and laughter, Cronk also weaves seriousness into the story with an incident that will leave you shocked. I found myself in tears.....both from laughter, and emotional, moving heartache.

I highly recommend this novel to everyone with 5 Books and two thumbs up! Cronk is a wonderful author who incorporates a powerful message from God into her characters' lives and plot lines. This is the first book in her Chop Chop series and I can't wait to go back and read the others! I want to follow more on these amazing characters and all the new ones Cronk has in store for her fans! ( )
  ReviewsbyMolly | Sep 10, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 098200270X, Paperback)

Contemporary Christian Fiction: Top Rated . . . Best Selling . . .Award Winning!

Don't let the fact that it's the first in a series scare you off - Chop, Chop is a complete, stand-alone novel that will NOT leave you hanging. The sequels, however, are very reasonably priced for those who wish to follow the characters further.

Often pegged as a "Young Adult" novel, demographics show that most readers of the Chop, Chop series are actually women between the ages of 25 and 55 (and the sequels are definitely geared toward that age group).

Whether you're young or old, Chop, Chop is a true coming-of-age story about friendship, loss and forgiveness that is sure to touch your heart.

Synopsis: Ever since Laci was a little girl she's been growing out her pretty, brown hair and chopping it off to send to Locks of Love. When Greg moves into town and finds out what she's doing, he thinks it's a great idea...so he starts doing it too! It's just one of the things that reserved, young David must tolerate as their friendship grows throughout the years. As they near adulthood, they grow not only closer to each other, but closer to God as well. David finds himself content in every way, but when tragedy occurs David must struggle to find his way back to God.

Winner of an Honorable Mention at the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:24 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,013,559 books! | Top bar: Always visible