Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

A Bite to Remember (Argeneau Vampires, Book…

A Bite to Remember (Argeneau Vampires, Book 5) (edition 2006)

by Lynsay Sands (Author)

Member:dustydigger
Title:A Bite to Remember (Argeneau Vampires, Book 5)
Authors:Lynsay Sands (Author)
Info:Avon (2006), 384 pages
Rating:***
Tags:paranormal romance, lynsay sands

A Bite to Remember by Lynsay Sands

English (12)  Czech (1)  All languages (13)
A Bite to Remember by Lynsay Sands
Book #5: Argeneau Series
Source: Purchase
My Rating: 4½/5 stars
Jackie Morrisey has had to fight for every ounce of respect she’s received. As a woman working in the male-dominated field of private detecting, Jackie has had to work harder, longer, more efficiently, and more successfully than her male counterparts. She takes crap from no one, handles her business discreetly and professionally, and prides herself on her resourcefulness and capabilities. With her partner, Tiny, Jackie has managed to amass an impressive client list, and the Argeneau’s are among them!

Vincent Argeneau is a man of the theater! For four centuries he has worked to build his theatrical empire, his reputation, and a loyal following. For four centuries, with few exceptions, Vincent has little trouble enjoying the life and work he has built for himself. The last several months have been a most decided exception to the four-century rule. In the last few months, Vincent’s productions and people have been plagued by mishaps and misfortunes. From physical accidents to spontaneous abandonment of parts, Vincent has no idea what or who has begun to plague his life, and if he doesn’t find out soon, all he has built is going to be ruined.

Jackie has intention of seeing Vincent Argeneau as anything other than a client. He may be dead sexy, accomplished, and surprisingly nice, but he’s a vampire and she’s had her fill of those blood-sucking bastards! One truly awful and tremendously embarrassing relationship with a vampire is more than enough for a lifetime so Jackie walks in to Vincent’s home and life with nothing more than work on her brain. Until things other than work begin to pop into her brain. With more than a bit of trepidation, and with a serious whack job on the loose and targeting her client, Jackie embarks on a relationship with Vincent.

The Bottom Line: Y’all, I totally adored this book!! Jackie is kickass and sassy with no tolerance for anyone’s bullsh*t!! Though she knows about vampires, her perspective is quite skewed, and she learns so much being in Vincent’s home and life. Accompanying Jackie is Tiny, one of my favorite characters in the entire series! Tiny is steady, calm, quiet, skilled, and a wonderful balance to Jackie. He cares for her as much as Vincent does, but in a very different way. He is, by far one of the most endearing characters in the series. Vincent is a funny character for me, and one the author was able to totally change my opinion about. Vincent first appears in book four, Tall, Dark, and Hungry and comes off as a rather childish character. In this book, we see a much different, much improved Vincent. He is actually quite mature, committed to his work and his employees, and interested in finding his life mate. In fact, Vincent is quite a likeable character and a perfect fit for the feisty and fiery Jackie. What really pushed me over the edge with this book, was the big reveal at the end and the reasons behind all the awful! Though it is a tragic story, I really liked the dark turn that absolutely set this story apart from the rest of the series! ( )
  arthistorychick | Jun 20, 2018 |

Plot:

Someone is sabotaging Vincent's plays and to his rescue comes a female PI, sexy, mortal, and with a bit of grudge against immortals. Then his aunt shows up too afraid that he is lonely and depressed.

My thoughts:

Shall I state my do not worry OCD peeps message again, ok. I read book 1 and now I read this one. Were there books in between yes, Vincent's aunt mentioned that his cousins had found life mates but that was it. And the nano thing was explained again and some other things. This book was a perfect stand alone novel. Trust me on this.

Vincent then, an actor, 400 years old, and a bit tired of the hunt, and even sex. He has a disorder that the nanos can't fix. He needs to feed from a source, not bag of blood. He is a hottie, nice and cheery around others. Jackie is all business, good at what she does, and she has been bitten before and doesn't have happy memories of her old lover. But there was chemistry between this couple, even if it took some time for them to act on it.

There is saboteur, and the hunt for this person. I kept wondering who it could be, and things will happen. That is all I am saying.

This series is still very light, and with subtle humour here and there. Some romance, passion, danger, and interesting vampires. There was also one great side character and that was Jackie's associate Tiny, this huge guy who loved to work in the kitchen. I could just see him baking his muffins.

Recommendation and final thoughts:

I like this light series, and the Argenau family. They have a rich history and there are sure certain members of the family whose stories I would like to read. I also liked how easy it was to just jump into this series.
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
Wow. Whole new cast and crew....but I like them. Vincent and Jackie will be very happy together *dreamy smile* ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
Sad, sad day. I always could rely on Sands, always, always... but this was a disappointment.

Wow, I really hate to give a book of Sands a bad review and maybe it should get one and a half stars for the quick story at the end but this was bad, and I don't understand the 5 star reviews.

1. The Private Investigator is incompetent. She never goes over the background of all the employes that she meets. Doesn't even ask about the closest ones to Vincent. Does put safeguards into place after the first break in so that a mortal guards the door? You have 6 vampires and the mortals answer the door?

2. As some of the books go, the hero, Vincent, drags his feet to test whether he can read Jackie and find out if she is his lifemate. Too bad because if he had, maybe there would have been more sex and dreams, etc.. to make up for...

3. the lack of... everything, sex (not enough), plot (Vincent keeps on getting attacked and they never learn anything, nothing they do helps in the investigation, and the only reason they catch the bad guy in the end is because of a fluke of spotting someone in a passing car? Then the reasoning behind the attacks is told and it is a total out of the left field reason).

4. The story line doesn't hold up to explanations on how things work for immortals. OK, immortals get stronger as they get older, so how does the 'bad guy' have so much mental control? Why in the end, with 5 old immortals, could they not just take over the other's mind?

5. Sex, I kept waiting as Sands can really put sex scenes out but... one OK scene, one rushed sex scene and a scant dream scene. None of the orgasmic sex bites, really none, and no fainting from the first immortal orgasm. Even Lucian passed out after his first with his lifemate because he had abstained for so long. I've read 'A Quick Bite', 'Love Bites', 'Single White Vampire', 'Bite Me If You Can', and 'The Accidental Vampire', of Sands' vampire series and all had the fainting/ love bites, and pretty good to great sex.

6. Fun, where was the laughs. When I want a fun read, at least some laughs, I pick up a Sands. Some of her books are more serious than others, but she always infuses a little humor. I think I laughed once and it wasn't the 'I can't stop laughing, I'm crying' that many of her novels have inspired but a chuckle.

7. An unresolved occurrence in the book, the guy who gets turned doesn't have any of the cramps and thrashing, screaming, etc... They never talk to him again and you never hear about whether he is alright with it. You never find out why it didn't hurt him like turnings do.

OK, so is there any good? Well we meet some European vampires half way through and they have some character so further stories probably will be made. Then there is Tiny who is a mortal character. And we get to see who Marguerite leaves with to Europe. The only reason to read it would be for this, not a good enough reason. I would say to skip this one.

I cannot believe I just said that about a Lynsay Sands book. Wow. And I don't know why the other reviewers rated this one so highly. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |
Private Investigator Jackie Morrisey once suffered in a relationship where she was controlled by a Immortal/Vampire, and ever since she has never been the same. She is wary of any vampires and she knows of their world. The only one she can be around is Bastien Argenau who has treated her with respect. Now she is to help Vincent in solving a case, since she is the best at what she does. However when she meets him she never expected him to be the most handsome man she has ever come across, yet her past and fears come alive, and wonders if he controls her as well. As they take a step closer to solving the mystery, so does their feelings for each come even more alive, and Vincent starts to accept that Jackie is his lifemate. But will he be able to convince her that not all of them are rotten, but that most Immortals don't use humans like she was once used, and to help her believe in love once more.A Bite To Remember is the fifth installment in the Argeneau Series. As far as vampire romances series this is one of my favorites to read. I love the whole scientific angle to being a vampire, so I enjoy these more since they are more on the enjoyable side of being a Vampire. So its always a delight to read any book in this series. A Bite To Remember is Vincent's story, and one of my favorites of the series. I love how Jackie already knows about them, and even though she has this fear, I felt that throughout this book she slowly overcomes her fear and truly embraces what being an Immortal is. It was also a delight to see characters from other books in the series come into play as well. Overall I found this to be a charming romance filled with danger, mystery, passion with endearing characters. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 11, 2013 |
“Vincent? Are you there? If you’re there, pick up the phone.”

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006077407X, Mass Market Paperback)

Rule #1: Never get involved with someone who won't be there for you when the sun comes up.

Once bitten, twice shy, and sexy PI Jackie Morrisey wasn't going there again. Vincent Argeneau may be the hottest guy she's ever met, living or dead, but she's here to stop a killer from turning this vampire into dust, not to jump into bed with him.

Rule #2: Never kiss a vampire . . . it can be a pain in the neck.

Okay, so Vincent's had four hundred years to perfect his kissing skills, and he does look rather tempting when he runs around the house shirtless. He's also charming, protective . . . did we mention he can kiss? Jackie needs to be on her guard, or else she'll have to come up with a new rule: If you're going to fall in love with a vampire, make sure it's a bite to remember.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:20 -0400)

Despite her best intentions, private detective Jackie Morrisey finds herself falling for her latest client, seductive vampire Vincent Argeneau, who has hired her to stop a killer from turning him into dust.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,479,034 books! | Top bar: Always visible