Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Meet Felicity (The American Girls…

Meet Felicity (The American Girls Collection, Book 1) (original 1991; edition 1991)

by Valerie Tripp, Dan Andreasen (Illustrator)

Series: American Girls: Felicity (1), American Girls (Felicity 1)

In Williamsburg in 1774, nine-year-old Felicity rescues a beautiful horse who is being beaten and starved by her cruel owner.
Member:Karra.MCDS
Title:Meet Felicity (The American Girls Collection, Book 1)
Authors:Valerie Tripp
Other authors:Dan Andreasen (Illustrator)
Info:American Girl (1991), Edition: 1st, Paperback, 88 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Realistic fiction

Meet Felicity: An American Girl by Valerie Tripp (1991)

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Felicity Merriman, the heroine of the American Girls collection set in 1774, is a feisty young girl who loves horses. She is not interested in the things girls are educated in such as sewing and domestic arts. When an unpleasant neighbor obtains a horse and mistreats it because it will not be tamed, Felicity manages to both tame and free the horse. This book has interesting characters and an engaging plot. Illustrations are beautiful and detailed. Recommended reading age: 7-10 ( )
  Marse | Sep 6, 2019 |
When I was younger, I used to have a ton of books like this that told the stories of young girls "in the old days" because my mother is a huge "judge the book by the cover" person and would bring anything home that reminded her of Laura Ingalls. This book was one of those, so I know I read it, but it was so long ago that I can't remember anything except that I liked she had red hair and this book probably contributed to my love of reading. ( )
  erinla | Oct 31, 2017 |

Tripp, Valerieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Andreasen, DanIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my mother and father, Kathleen and Granger Tripp
Felicity Merriman pushed open the door to her father's store and took a deep breath.

This is the first book in the "Felicity, 1774" sub-series of the American Girls Collection. It introduces nine-year-old Felicity Merriman, who lives in colonial Williamsburg, Virginia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,770,429 books! | Top bar: Always visible