The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Knots &…

The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Knots & Ropework

by Geoffrey Budworth

This book is my response to all those "purists" who say the only good knot book out there is the Ashley Book of Knots. Eat modern publishing trends, you anachronists! ( )
  mastersonso | Feb 4, 2011 |
Very interesting book with well displayed techniques for knots and rope work. I would not call it an ultimate encyclopedia though. There is no descriptions of splices i.e. the eye splice and back splice for example which I would consider ropework that can be found in the old boyscout books. Also there is a knot called the butcher's knot - at least is America, and I didn't find it. It is effectively a figure 8 knot around a loose (working) end and that is then made a half hitch around the loose end of the figure 8 knot. It is a very handy slip knot that can be tightened and then locked with the half hitch. ( )
  Paulpieter | Mar 28, 2010 |
Though I'm not into knots, when I saw this book on sale, I thought it'd be a great chance to get a book to help me out with Girl scouts and other activities where I might need to know/teach knots. I really loved this guide as soon as I opened it, because it has easy-to-folly diagrams that are very visual. It also explains the usefulness or lack thereof of different knots, so that the reader can decide if a particular knot is a good choice. ( )
  the1butterfly | Mar 10, 2007 |
I won't call it the Ultimate Encyclopedia of Knots. The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Knots would be Ashley Book of Knots by Clifford Ashley. However, this book is glossy and easy on the eyes. It could act as a good coffee table book with actually useful content. ( )
  misericordia | Sep 27, 2006 |
Very clear instructions and diagrams, and a useful range of levels, with information for beginners through to experienced. ( )
1 vote ForrestFamily | Mar 24, 2006 |

The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Knots & Ropework includes over 200 tying techniques with step-by-step photographs. It also includes skills such as knots, bends, hitches, loops, and whippings. It covers a wide array of uses of knots for fishing, sailing, camping, and climbing.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:51 -0400)

An illustrated guide with step-by-step instructions for creating 200 different knots for all types of uses.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,552,735 books! | Top bar: Always visible