My One and Oni by Misa Izanaki

My One and Oni

by Misa Izanaki

511,436,638 (3.75)None

Alexi is a half Irish half Japanese guy from Maui. When he was still a little boy he was frightened by the monster in his closet, but his mum told him to not fear cause it was not a monster, but a Oni, a mythological being of the Japanese ancient tale, and that he wanted only to protect his family.

Years later, Alexi is a young student in Seattle and he returns back home. After so many years, Kai, the oni in the closet, decides that it's time to show himself and he becomes Alexi's lover. After a moment of stunned shock, Alexi discovers that having a Oni lover is a pretty interesting thing, since this Oni in particular is a hunk guy with lucious black lonh hair and an hard body. And when Kai decides to follow Alexi to Seattle it's even better.

But even if an Oni is not an immortal being, he has still a longer life than a human, and Kai can't bear the idea to see Alexi aging and die. So they have to find a way to stay together for the rest of their life.

The story is pretty funny, with a lovely character in the Japanese mother, who seems not at all worried that her son sees monsters and in the end choses one of them as his lover. Very interesting also the father, even if he is only a side character without actual speaking words, but his only presence is funny and enjoyable.

Alexi is young and naivee, he enjoys life at full and he is horny like all the guy at his age. Kai is a pretty dominant character, the classical alpha male who proves himself more through his body than his words, but since Alexi is actually very fond of this side of his behaviour, I think no harm is done.

My One and Oni is a relaxing and happy tale, with a bit of yaoi here and there if you like the genre. I wouldn't mind if it was a little longer.

elisa.rolle | Apr 4, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,382,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible