Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: A…

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: A Pop-up Adaptation (edition 2003)

by Lewis Carroll, Robert Sabuda (Illustrator)

6661914,402 (4.46)2
Member:s.r.joseph
Title:Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: A Pop-up Adaptation
Authors:Lewis Carroll
Other authors:Robert Sabuda (Illustrator)
Info:Little Simon (2003), Edition: Pop, Hardcover, 12 pages

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: A Pop-up Adaptation by Robert Sabuda (Adapter/Paper Engineer)

English (18)  Catalan (1)  All languages (19)
This book is a beautiful pop up and has the exact story of Alice, a story originally by Lewis Carroll. This book has multiple textures, vibrant colors, and exciting pop ups. Definitely not a book i would just give to a kid to go through, must be handled with care. ( )
  mariah21 | Apr 23, 2014 |
Alice's Adventures in wonderland is a adventures fairytale about a girl named Alice who falls into a rabbit hole and finds a new exiting world. This book will expand the imagination of the reader and will surprise the reader with every page. This book would be a great read for a 3ed grade level readers and will challenge their vocabulary.
  TaylorOgne | Oct 11, 2012 |
Summary: It is about a girl named Alice who falls down a rabbit hole into a fantasy world, which is wonderland. There she meets a talking, coat wearing rabbit, a smoking caterpillar, a cat who can disappear, a mad hatter, and the evil Queen of Hearts.

Personal Reflection: I loved that this book was a pop-up book; it made the book fun to flip through. I’ve always enjoyed the story of Alice in Wonderland and being that it is a pop-up book it made looking at it that much more interesting.

Classroom Extension:
1) Since this is a pop-up book I would definitely have students tell me something they remembered about the story.
2) Have students draw their favorite scene from the book. ( )
  Vanessa.B. | Feb 16, 2012 |
The picture book, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is written by, Lewis Carroll. This illustrated fiction book really opens up your imagination. I would choose this book for ages younger than middle school. In order to be able to get into this book I believe you must have an imagination and like to use it. Each page has pop-up pictures. I must admit the illustrations in this book are pretty amazing. If I was going to have this book in my class I wouldn't have it in my class library, but I would keep the copy at my desk. I would do this because the book can be torn up very easily due to all the pop-ups. I don't believe this book will interest middle schoolers due to all the make believe in the story.
  abbyatkins | Feb 8, 2012 |
I personally love the story of Alice in Wonderland. This book was a lot of fun to just look at and flip through the pages. I think pop-up books in general are magical. They just add a lot to the reading with the 3D images and bring the story to life. It definitely is attractive to kids and makes it more fun for them to enjoy their reading. So I'm all for having pop-up books in school libraries, but I would warn the teachers and librarians of children only having to look at and focus on the images instead of reading the text. My suggestion would be asking the children to write down a summary of the text with what they thought about it and why. ( )
  SarahAZ | Dec 24, 2011 |

Sabuda, RobertAdapter/Paper Engineerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Carroll, Lewissecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For my sister, Wendy, who fell down a hole too, but had the strength and courage to find her way back out again.
The 12 page pop-up book (ISBN 0689847432, 0689031084, and 0689837593) Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is a creation by Robert Sabuda
pop-up adaptation, please don't combine with anything else

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is Robert Sabuda's most amazing creation ever, featuring stunning pop-ups illustrated in John Tenniel's classic style. The text is faithful to Lewis Carroll's original story, and special effects like a Victorian peep show, multifaceted foil, and tactile elements make this a pop-up to read and admire again and again.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:05 -0400)

A little girl falls down a rabbit hole and discovers a world of nonsensical and amusing characters.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,364,398 books! | Top bar: Always visible