The Mystery at the Ski Jump by Carolyn Keene

I used to devour Encyclopedia Brown, the Three Investigators, and the Willard Price books, but for some reason when a friend gave me a Nancy Drew I was mildly offended that she thought I 'd enjoy such a silly girly series. It's possible that by that time I'd outgrown the others too, but I feel like I'd have felt more nostalgic than annoyed if given one of them. Yet really they're all the same kind of book, and as an adult now, though I find the plot a bit too linear and the characters a little thinly sketched, I do appreciate the many and varied female relationships. A nice quick read. ( )
  zeborah | Nov 7, 2015 |
This story left me breathless. At times, I felt that I was Nancy during sections of the story. It was a perfect read during a spate of hot weather LOL. ( )
  seki | Aug 9, 2015 |
"Brr-r, it's cold!"

When Nancy learns that the Drews' housekeeper has been duped by an elegantly dressed woman into buying a stolen fur piece, the young detective starts a search for the clever swindler. To Nancy's astonishment, she discovers that the woman is using the name Nancy Drew. The dishonest acts of the imposter point the finger of suspicion at Nancy herself and result in her being questioned by the police.
Nancy's determination to capture the elusive, dangerous Mitzi Channing takes her to northern New York State and Canada. At a gala winter event Nancy is shocked to hear her name announced as a figure skating champion about to perform. How Nancy meets this situation and turns the tables on Mitzi Channing and her fellow thieves makes another thrilling Carolyn Keene mystery.

The blatant acts of a lady swindler posing as Nancy Drew arouse the suspicion of friends and local police against the real Nancy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,888,090 books! | Top bar: Always visible